[act-ma] ACT UP: Mon Nov 12 at 7pm: HIV Town Hall Meeting on Major Funding Cuts to AIDS services in Boston

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Thu Nov 8 02:21:58 PST 2012

Hi Health justice-oriented health workers and friends,

ACT UP has organized a town hall meeting to discuss the projected minimum
of $5 million dollars in cuts to HIV services that will happen as a result
of sequestration and other cuts that are coming from the federal level
(unrelated the the Budget Control Act). The town hall is this coming
Monday, Nov 12 at 7pm at the Community Church of Boston 565 Boylston St.
Flyer is attached.

We are hoping to have a good turnout, especially among people living with
HIV and health workers who understand what these cuts really mean - in
terms of decreased access to housing, nutritional support, medical case
management, etc. But we need help!!! I am writing to ask you to help get
the word out about the HIV Town hall to anybody you know who
would/should/could be interested/affected!

I have attached the electronic version here-- that's for easy printing 2
per sheet -- so if you can either forward to your contacts or print them
out to leave in waiting areas at your work places, we would be immensely
appreciative!

Thanks, and hope to see some of you there!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Katrina