[act-ma] 11/13 Billiards for Justice - no skills required

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 09:40:02 PST 2012

*This Tuesday, 11/13 from 6-8PM SoJust is heading to Jillian's for
Billiards for Justice!*

Don't worry if you don't rock the cue stick. Lots of people aren't that
great at pool, but some SoJusters have claimed to have the skills. So show
up for lessons, laughs, or just good people.

*Register *at www.sojust.org - newcomers always welcomed.
*Fee: *$10 ($2 SoJust + $8 billiards)

* 18+, must be 21 to drink (bring ID). Venue is physically accessible. *

We'll have a few tables reserved from 6-8PM for the pool sharks, but plenty
of non-billiards hanging out as well. Jillian's has some great appetizers,
sandwiches and a full bar.

So look no further if you want to cross-promote your events and campaigns
while avoiding hitting the 8 ball, are seeking like-minded progressives to
play pool with in Boston, or are new to the area and looking for groups to
get involved in. If you want to build a strong cross-issue social justice
movement, SoJust is for you!

*HEY ORGANIZERS!* If you're involved with a group or project and want to
spread the word bring flyers - there will be lots of opportunity to
schmooze and network!

*Directions:* Take the Green line to Kenmore Square, bear left onto
Brookline Avenue, take the second left onto Lansdowne Street, at the end of
the street make a left onto Ipswich Street - you will see the entrance on
the left hand side. We'll be in the back on the 2nd floor.

*Socializing for Justice* - www.sojust.org
Since 2006, we've been building this great sandbox where we can bring
progressives of all stripes together and try out new ideas in this
"Movement Moment". Spaces like this are crucial as we start to reframe and
build new visions for our movement(s).

With almost 2200 members and over 6 years of creating a diverse cross-issue
community in Boston (135+ events!), Socializing for Justice is the best
place to find the great people, organizations and community you're looking
for while putting the SOCIAL back in social justice.

*YES, WE MEAN YOU*. We've got members of all ages, races, genders, sexual
orientations, levels of activism and professions. We hope you see someone
like yourself and meet someone you otherwise wouldn't have.

Want to know more about SoJust? Check out our Frequently Asked
Questions<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3187615>and
past
event photos! <http://www.sojust.org/photos/>