[act-ma] Wed, 11/21: Special Thanksgiving Stand-Out for Bradley Manning

pf soto pfsoto at icloud.com
Sun Nov 18 20:19:02 PST 2012

  Special Thanksgiving Bradley Stand-Out

Wednesday, November 21st, 5-6pm
Pardon Bradley Manning Square-Central Square, Cambridge, Ma, Cambridge
Corner of Prospect St and Mass Ave
Contact info at: bradleymanningsquare.org/project/contact/
<http://bradleymanningsquare.org/project/contact/>

Let's Redouble Our Efforts To Free Private Bradley Manning;
Make Every Town Square In America (And The World) A Bradley Manning
Square -  From Boston To Berkeley to Berlin

Join Us In Central Square, Cambridge for this week's *Thanksgiving
Stand-Out For Bradley*

The Private Bradley Manning case is headed toward a mid-winter trial now
scheduled for February 2013. The recent news on his case has centered on
the many (since last April) pre-trial motions hearings including defense
motions to dismiss for lack of speedy trial (Private Manning's pre-trial
confinement is now entering 900 plus days), dismissal as a matter of
freedom of speech and alleged national security issues (issues for us to
know what the hell the government is doing either in front of us, or
behind our backs) and dismissal based on serious allegations of
torturous behavior by the military authorities extending far up the
chain of command while Private Manning was detained at the Quantico
Marine brig for about a year ending in April 2011.

The latest news from the November 2012 pre-trail sessions is the offer
by the defense to plead guilty to lesser charges (wrongful, unauthorized
use of the Internet, etc.) in order to clear the deck and have the major
(with a possibility of a life sentence) espionage /aiding the enemy
issue solely before the court-martial judge (a single military judge,
the one who has been hearing the pre-trial motions, not a lifer-stacked
panel).

For the past several months there has been a weekly stand-out in Greater
Boston <http://bradleymanningsquare.org> -- across from the Davis
Square, Somerville, Redline MBTA stop (renamed Bradley Manning Square
for the stand-out's duration), 4:00-5:00 PM on Wednesdays. This
stand-out has, to say the least, been very sparsely attended. We need to
build it up with more supporters. This Wednesday Novemeber 21st  at 5:00
PM  in order to broaden our outreach we, in lieu of our regular Davis
Square stand-out, are meeting in Central Square, Cambridge, Ma.(small
park  at the corner of Massachusetts Avenue  and Prospect Street) for a
special Thanksgiving stand-out for Private Manning.
President Obama Pardon Private Manning Now!

visit bradleymanning.org/ <http://www.bradleymanning.org/>