[act-ma] November 26, 2012 - Communication Coordinator - Communicate for Social Justice

Denise Matthews-Turner dmturner at clvu.org
Mon Nov 26 14:11:16 PST 2012

Please post the following job opening on behalf of our organization - City
Life/Vida Urbana.

City Life/Vida Urbana (CL/VU), a grassroots organizing organization in
Jamaica Plain, is looking for the right person for our open PT
Communications Coordinator position to coordinate our communications
efforts. Following is a summary description; to view the full description,
visit our website at www.clvu.org.

 *Communications Coordinator (half-time*). Please consider this opportunity
to shape communications on the foreclosure crisis and housing displacement
at one of the most exciting grassroots housing justice organizations in the
country! City Life/Vida Urbana (CL/VU) is a 38-year old community-based,
bilingual organization with a long track record of success organizing
tenants against housing displacement in Boston’s low-income communities.
Since 2007, CL/VU has achieved local and national success and prominence
for pioneering a grassroots organizing response to fighting foreclosure
displacement in Boston’s low-income and working class communities. We are
seeking a communications professional who brings a commitment to economic
and social justice, to join CL/VU at a pivotal organizational moment as we
are in the process of replicating our model across Massachusetts, Rhode
Island and beyond, and participating in a National Fannie and Freddie
campaign to keep people facing foreclosure in their homes and communities.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to jobs at clvu.org.
Visit our web-site, *www.clvu.org*, for a full job description.

Thank you.

Denise Matthews-Turner