[act-ma] AIDS DAY ACTION 12/1/12

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Tue Nov 27 08:58:25 PST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Katrina Ciraldo <kciraldo at bu.edu>
Date: Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Healthjustice] What going on for World AIDS Day?
To: Aria Littlhous <aria at littlhous.net>
Cc: Mark Williams <onebrightroad at gmail.com>, healthjustice <
healthjustice at lists.occupyboston.org>

ACT UP decided at its meeting last night on this action - the facebook link
did work for me - we are looking into the events privacy settings.

We are meeting on 12/1/12 by the Park Street Fountain at 11:30. There will
be a short media training and then we'll march to Kerry's house at 11:50,
action starting at his house at 12. We are bringing chairs and some
house-like props, and will go through a short narrative of the service cuts
that have resulted from the $20 million in cuts over the last ten years -
emphasizing cuts to housing, prevention outreach, needle exchange,
food/nutrition, etc. There are 2 or 3 individuals living with HIV who will
share their stories, there will be chanting, etc. Then we will have a
die-in. Then we will march to downtown crossing, and people will have
little quarter sheet flyers to distribute to passersby. And depending on
the energy of the group, we will have a die-in at Downtown Crossing.

Definitely would love to see health justice folks there!
After our very successful town hall (over 50 people came), we had a very
successful, small action outside of Kerry's house on thanksgiving (covered
by AP in multiple news outlets:
http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Activists-protest-HIV-program-cuts-by-Kerry-s-home-4057567.php)
 and we are keeping with this demand and this theme. = No cuts to AIDS
services and social services for low-income people in the fiscal cliff
negotiations and tax wall street for revenue.

We need help making posters and holding banners, so if you would be able to
commit to being a part of the action, let me know!

feel free to call or email me if you want more info:
katrina ciraldo
786 325 5049
also if the link isn't working for you, friend me on facebook and i'll
invite you to the event. http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/407648682637777/
Will ask Rob to put it up on the webiste! Glad someone looks at it :)