[act-ma] SAT 12/1 4PM Harvard Sq - Solidarity Vigil For Bangladeshi Factory-Fire Victims

Geoff Carens geoff.carens at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 13:03:02 PST 2012

  *Candlelight Vigil & Protest*
*IN SOLIDARITY WITH **BANGLADESHI WORKERS*
*& families of 112 workers killed **in the Tazreen factory fire*
*
*
*SAT. DEC 1. 4 - 5 PM*
*Harvard Square*
*Cambridge MA*

*Facebook*: http://www.facebook.com/events/493118260729086/

*Workers in the Global South continue to pay with their lives to ensure
cheap holiday shopping. Big retailers drive a race to the bottom in safety
cost-cutting, wages, and worker's rights. *
*
*
*Join us as we remember the 112 people who died in the Tazreen factory fire
on Nov 25th and stand in solidarity with their families and fellow workers.
Bring signs, maybe even pieces of fabric/clothes/dresses to remind everyone
the cost of their manufacture and the involvement of multinational
companies based in the US. We will also discuss specific actions we can
undertake to build practical solidarity with workers in Bangladesh,
Pakistan, India, and other places.*

*Alliance for a Secular and Democratic South Asia & **International Labor
Rights Forum*

[image: Inline image 1]

www.SouthAsiaAlliance.org <http://www.southasiaalliance.org/>