[act-ma] Apply to be SoJust's next Organizer Intern

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 20:02:29 PST 2012

Hey fellow organizers and activists!

Announcing an opportunity to work with Socializing for Justice as an
Organizer Intern! This is an amazing learning experience and we're hoping
to find the right person who shares our passion for social change and has a
willingness to learn more about organizing.

The description is below, anyone interested should send their resume and a
brief statement of interest (cover letter) to SoJust's co-organizer Robbie
Samuels - robbie at robbiesamuels.com. Position starts in January  and ends in
June. Interviews scheduled on a rolling basis until position filled.

Please share this with your friends. *You do not have to be a student to
apply.* If you are a student, we'll work with you if you're able to receive
credit.

*SOCIALIZING FOR JUSTICE ORGANIZER INTERN - WINTER/SPRING 2013 Jan-June
*

Socializing for Justice (SoJust) is a grassroots Boston-based group that
hosts fun social events twice a month to bring together like-minded
individuals working for justice as a means of building a stronger,
cross-cultural, cross-issue progressive community, network and movement.
We're doing it by putting the SOCIAL back in SOCIAL JUSTICE. Co-organizers
are looking for an intern to assist in all facets of their work to
implement the vision of SoJust.

This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn about organizing
and movement building in a very tangible way. Join us and learn more about
using in person and online social networking to create social change. *You'll
also be introduced to great connectors in Boston's progressive community -
great resources for when you're looking for your next internship or job!*

**
*We cross-promote social justice events on our web calendar at
www.sojust.org/calendar and job openings, volunteer opportunities, wish
lists, calls for action, and much more on our message board at
www.sojust.org/boards. Follow these instructions for how to post:
www.bit.ly/post2SoJust. That page also has a link to a resource we've been
maintaining, a list of 50+ places to promote events online - which can be
accessed directly at www.bit.ly/bostoncalendars. We also started a list of
places to host events, specifically trainings or meetings with speakers -
www.bit.ly/bostonvenues for the list and www.bit.ly/venueleads to suggest a
venue.*
*
*

The responsibilities and opportunities of the organizer intern would
include:

1) Co-hosting SoJust events; set up, greeting, networking, and break down
2) Posting events on the web and around town to ensure visibility of SoJust
in a wide range of communities
3) Assisting with maintaining and growing SoJust's online web calendars and
venue databases
4) Manage @SoJust's twitter account, including scheduling tweets and
responding to @replies
5) Representing SoJust at outreach events throughout Boston
6) Monitoring media coverage of SoJust and maintaining SoJust's press
contacts database
7) Cultivating skills to live the SoJust vision and becoming a great social
networker

The ideal candidate has a strong desire to learn the fundamentals of
organizing for social change and preferably some knowledge of identity and
oppression issues, the ability to take direction, show initiative andfollow
through in a dynamic environment is a must.

Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to ask questions are also
critical.  Strong communication skills are required, as are demonstrated
proficiency with email and web research.  Ongoing training, supervision and
mentorship will be provided; dress code and work environment are
casual.**Work hours and location are determined by intern with the
exception of scheduled events and meetings.**

Hours: position is part time and unpaid 20 hours a week.  Occasional
evenings, flexible schedule, and dependability are a must. $20 monthly
stipend provided to cover cost of meals at outreach events and meetings.

For Justice,
Robbie

Robbie Samuels
SoJust Co-Founder & Co-Organizer

*____________________*
 @RobbieSamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels> |
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/robbiesamuels> |
Fan Page <http://facebook.com/ArtoftheSchmooze> |
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/robbiesamuels>|
Tungle <http://tungle.me/robbiesamuels>

*        Trainer and Consultant |
RobbieSamuels.com<http://www.robbiesamuels.com/>
*
                 Networking |
ArtoftheSchmooze.com<http://www.artoftheschmooze.com/>
                    Fundraising | PastTheFear.com<http://www.pastthefear.com/>

          SocializingforJustice.org <http://socializingforjustice.org/>* *|
@SoJust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust> | FB
Group<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8770189934>

*  Do you need business cards?** *Get up to 80% off
VistaPrint<http://vistaprint.tellapal.com/a/clk/96qxW>
.