[act-ma] Thursday 12/20: "Our Daily Bread" - Free UPandOUT film screening

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Thu Dec 13 17:11:16 PST 2012

<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-121220-our%20daily%20bread.pdf>/*Our
Daily Bread*/

Thursday, December 20, in Cambridge [please download distribute & flyer
<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-121220-our%20daily%20bread.pdf>]

*Best Film*, Ecocinema International - Athens Grand Prix, Festival
International du Film d'Environnemen - Paris

Welcome to the world of industrial food production and high-tech
farming! To the rhythm of conveyor belts and immense machines, the film
looks without commenting into the places where food is produced in
Europe: monumental spaces, surreal landscapes and bizarre sounds - a
cool, industrial environment which leaves little space for individualism.

People, animals, crops and machines play a supporting role in the
logistics of this system which provides our society's standard of
living. Our Daily Bread is a wide-screen tableau of a feast which isn't
always easy to digest - and in which we all take part.

A pure, meticulous and high-end film experience that enables the
audience to form their own ideas.

“../.an unblinking, often disturbing look at industrial food production
...[its] formal elegance, moral underpinning and intellectually
stimulating point of view also make it essential. Part of the film’s
brilliance is how it lays out the images and their wells of meaning with
such cool deliberation, showing rather than telling/" ~Manohla Dargis,
for the NYT

"/It was not unlike visiting an eye doctor, peering into the holes into
which different lenses are slid. “Is this clearer? How about now?” After
a disorienting moment, one adjusts. Oh. This is how things look. How it
is to see./" ~ Sarah Malone

*When/where*
doors open 6:40; film starts promptly 7pm
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos>

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"You can't legislate good will - that comes through education." ~ Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series* - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos>

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, Libya. Syria, Iran, So America, etc
etc - for billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for
the loss of liberty and civil rights...