[act-ma] 8:30am, Thurs, 12/20: The Railroading of Annie Dookhan - show support at Suffolk Superior Court House this Thursday morning at 8:30am

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Wed Dec 19 18:26:24 PST 2012

As you know, Annie Dookhan has been labeled the "rogue chemist" by the
gov-media establishment. She, alone, personifies everything that is
wrong with the state's war on drugs. Their racist prison industrial
complex would be perfectly righteous and moral, if only one evil lab
worker had not made it look so bad.

Let me state it clearly: Annie Dookhan is being railroaded, tried and
convicted by the establishment media. Despite her husband's early
statement to Fox 25 that she denies the allegations and is being
scapegoated, the media repeatedly ran stories falsely claiming that she
had "admitted to the allegations."

This false claim originated with Channel 5 reporter Kathy Curran on
9/14/12, whose I-Team report violated the most basic tenet of
journalism, which is to /source your information!/

Curran's failure to cite a source left viewers (including me) with the
false impression that Annie must have made some kind of first-hand
statement. Otherwise, Curran would have needed to say where she
had received her information. It was only because I happen to
know Annie's husband that I learned Curran's claim had been false. Once
Curran's report aired, other news outlets began to parrot her story that
"Dookhan admiitted to the allegations."

It was not until a week after Curran's report aired that her source
became apparent, when the Boston Globe reported that a state official
had /claimed/ that Dookhan had made admissions to /him/. Now, there is a
very big difference between a person admitting something and those
accusing her /claiming/ she admitted something to /them/. A /Very/ big
difference!

In my opinion, the jury pool was tainted beyond repair when Curran
unleashed a week-long barrage of nationwide media reports that Annie
Dookhan had "confessed" to all of the allegations against her, with
almost no other media calling out Channel 5 for Curran's shoddy work. As
a result, it will be next to impossible for Annie to receive a fair trial.

Please join me in protest at the Suffolk Superior Court House this
Thursday morning at 8:30.

The issue is not about Annie's innocence or guilt. I do not know what
happened in that lab. The issue is the media's ability to so easily ruin
a person's reputation and jepardize a person's freedom through yellow
journalism. If Annie Dookhan can be tried and convicted in the public's
mind before even being charged with a crime, then any one of us could be
next.

Let us use this case to stand up against the racist war on drugs and
to reject such dangerous MSM yellow journalism. Please join me at the
Suffolk Superior Courthouse this Thursday at 8:30 am. Let's put the real
criminals - the media and the war on drugs - on trial!

Rich <mailto:RichAucoin at comcast.net>