[act-ma] Tue 5PM 1/1/13 - Harvard Square - Vigil to protest Delhi Rape and Violence against Women -

Umang Kumar umkumar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 05:19:05 PST 2012

Vigil to protest Delhi Rape and Violence against Women

When -  5PM Tuesday Jan 1 2013
Where - Harvard Square Pit - Behind Redline T-Station Cambridge MA

Please join us for a candle-light vigil in memory of the student in Delhi,
India who succumbed to injuries and trauma sustained during the rape attack
on her on Dec 16 2012. We will also be assembling to express our stand
against all forms of violence against women -  whether by patriarchal
attitudes, social hierarchies and institutions or by the state and its
instruments.

About the incident -
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Delhi-gang-rape-victim-dies-in-Singapore-hospital/articleshow/17802192.cms
Facebook event - https://www.facebook.com/events/388890031203771/

Organized and supported by Boston South Asia Center

--
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep"