[act-ma] Please help with the Cambridge Information Technology Survey and World Cafe on May 10
bcorr at cambridgema.gov
Wed Apr 4 12:13:08 PDT 2012
City of Cambridge Information Technology Survey and World Café May 10
The City of Cambridge will host its first World Café focused on Information Technology Thursday, May 10, from 6-8:30 p.m., at Cambridge Rindge & Latin School, Pearl K. Wise Library, 459 Broadway. The objective of the event is to engage the public in discussion about Information Technology and use the input to help shape the City's Technology priorities and plans for the future. Please complete our Survey on the City's website, www.cambridgema.gov<http://www.cambridgema.gov>, today to help us define areas of greatest interest. The survey deadline is April 20.
In recent months, the City of Cambridge has delivered the following technological innovations:
* Launched iReport mobile reporting application, which enables users to report potholes, graffiti, defective streetlights, etc., online or from an iOS or Android device;
* Implemented MyPD public safety mobile application for iOS and Android devices;
* Updated design and navigation of city's website and sites for Library, Police and Public Works;
* Added language translation to city's website;
* Launched Cambridge Alert Network<http://www.cambridgema.gov/AlertNetwork.aspx> to advise subscribers of city emergencies and other important information via phone, text or e-mail.
Upcoming technological initiatives include:
* Online application and payment of Inspectional Services permits;
* New websites for Cambridge Arts Council, Human Services and Water departments;
* Mobile websites that scale size for view from a smart phone
Don't forget to take our survey and then join us for the IT World Café on May 10. For more information or assistance, call 617-349-4339.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA