[act-ma] Bread & Puppet Theater's Boston January events -- tix discounts & call for participants -- week of Jan. 21st

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Mon Jan 7 08:26:27 PST 2013

**
     Bread & Puppet Theater performs in Boston the week of Jan. 21st, 2013
  Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your
browser<http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=78a6c926a5&e=9c0d36c1b4>.

      [image: Bread and Puppet
Theater]<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=9a81ce1236&e=9c0d36c1b4>
         [image: Bread & Puppet "The Possibilitarians " at
BCA]<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=adfc57d1a7&e=9c0d36c1b4>
 Bread & Puppet
celebrates its
50th anniversary
in Boston
  January 21 through 27, 2013
*The Possibilitarians*
and
*Dead Man Rises*
Thurs.-Sun., 7 pm

along with
*The Circus of Possibilitarians*
(family-friendly)
Sat. & Sun., 2 pm

and

Peter Schumann's
*Exhibit of Recent Work*
opening reception Mon., 6-8 pm
exhibit hours Tues.-Fri., 11 am-6 pm
and before & after each show
Happy New Year Boston-area *Bread & Puppet Theater* friends, fans, will-be
fans ... and prospective performance participants [***more info on that
further down]!

*Bread & Puppet* is returning to Boston for its 6th annual visit to
the *Cyclorama
at the Boston Center for the Arts* * *from January 21 through 27 ... and
would love to offer some *discount show tickets* as our way of thanking all
those who have been connected to us in some way throughout our 50 years of
performing world-wide. Details about all the events scheduled for the week
of January 21st can be found specifically at
www.bcaonline.org/public-programs/bread-and-puppet.html<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=af3d22f3c3&e=9c0d36c1b4>.
The Cyclorama is located at 539 Tremont St. in Boston's South End.

On our general admission ticket price of $12, we are offering *2-for-1
tickets* for the Thursday 7 pm show, and *$2 off* general admission for all
shows, including the Circus matinees. You can take advantage of this offer
either by *presenting a print out of this email at the door*, or for
ordering tickets in advance, call 866-811-4111 or follow the ticket link at
www.breadandpuppet.org/tour-schedule<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=5662a62ed6&e=9c0d36c1b4>and
use the following codes when ordering to receive the discount:
*BP2FOR1* (Thurs. show only) and *BP2OFF*. These codes are applicable as
long as seats are available, so ordering in advance may be advisable. [Just
so you know, there are already discounted tickets available for students,
seniors, and kids.]

*Please feel free to share this ticket offer with your pals!*

For this one week residency at the Cyclorama, both the evening and matinee
performances will be performed by artistic director *Peter Schumann*, the
Bread & Puppet touring company, and a large number of local volunteers and
musicians, including the popular Somerville-based *Second Line Social Aid &
Pleasure Society Brass Band**
*(www.slsaps.org<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=bb897dd3ad&e=9c0d36c1b4>),
which serves as the house band for Bread & Puppet’s Boston performances.
[They also happen to be the host band for the annual HONK! Festival (
www.honkfest.org<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=fcefb51ac2&e=9c0d36c1b4>)
held in October in Davis Square, Somerville.] The week will also include an
art exhibit, the sale of Bread & Puppet’s legendary *Cheap Art*, and after
the 7 pm evening performances, the opportunity to savor Schumann’s
home-made sourdough rye bread spread with garlic-laden aioli.

[****If you are interested in participating in the performances*,
rehearsals for the evening shows will be held in the Cyclorama on Tues. &
Wed., Jan. 22 & 23, from 6-10 pm, and for the Circus matinees, on Sat.,
Jan. 26, from 9 am-1 pm (with a possible brush-up rehearsal on Sun.
starting at 11 am). Please contact me for further details:
marycurtin at comcast.net, 617-470-5867.]

Looking forward to having you join us!

Mary Curtin (on behalf of Bread & Puppet)
www.breadandpuppet.org<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=ee602161ec&e=9c0d36c1b4>

 *“The audience of cynical New Yorkers in attendance …
audibly responded to the beauty and
pathos in these simple puppets.
We collectively gasped with pleasure and awe as
a giant puppet descended as if from the sky and
hovered over us,
very nearly within our reach ...
we are still willing to step into
this allegorical world and be transported.
In fact, we long for it.”*
[New York Theatre Review,
review of the recent NYC run of
*The Possibilitarians* and *Dead Man Rises*, Dec. 2012]

 [Photo in this email is of a scene from *The **Possibilitarians* taken by
Ashley Marinaccio.]
          friend on
Facebook<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=8b14399d55&e=9c0d36c1b4>|
forward
to a friend<http://us4.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=78a6c926a5&e=9c0d36c1b4>

        unsubscribe from this
list<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=53b2e6c7d0&e=9c0d36c1b4&c=78a6c926a5>|
update
subscription preferences<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=53b2e6c7d0&e=9c0d36c1b4>

   Sent to aria at littlhous.net — *why did I get
this?*<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/about?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=53b2e6c7d0&e=9c0d36c1b4&c=78a6c926a5>
unsubscribe from this
list<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=53b2e6c7d0&e=9c0d36c1b4&c=78a6c926a5>|
update
subscription preferences<http://marycurtinproductions.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&id=53b2e6c7d0&e=9c0d36c1b4>
Mary Curtin Productions · PO Box 290703 · Charlestown, MA 02129  [image:
Email Marketing Powered by
MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=8dd68e355816b775b32bf40c0&afl=1>

--
"Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits
of the few." passed by Occupy Boston General Assembly 11/29/11