[act-ma] Israel, the Occupied Territories, and Nonviolent Resistance, a multimedia presentation by Skip Schiel: Feb 7, Thurs, 7 pm Friends Meeting House Cambridge (Massachusetts)

Skip Schiel skipschiel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:59:55 PST 2013

*Israel, the Occupied Territories, and Nonviolent Resistance, a multimedia
presentation by Skip Schiel*

*
February 7, 2013 Thurs, 7 pm
Friends Meeting at Cambridge 5 Longfellow Park
Cambridge MA 02138
617-876-6883 (meeting house)
617-441-7756 (program)
*
*How does the occupation affect people's lives?  What are the mechanisms
that keep the occupation in place?  A look at the impact of walls, fences,
bypass roads, roadblocks, checkpoints, and settlements.  Schiel also sheds
light on how Palestinians, with Israeli and international support,
nonviolently resist the occupation.*

An exhibit of Schiel’s photos about Gaza & the West Bank is on view at the
same location thru February.
With other programs during February on the
topic—teeksaphoto.org/Pages/PublicPresentations.html for further
details

Free & open to the public
Sale of photos, books & DVDs

Flyer attached, along with flyer for entire February program

[image: Inline image 1]

  *Aida refugee camp, Bethlehem, Occupied Palestine, 2009*

+++++++++++

Skip Schiel
9 Sacramento St
Cambridge MA 02138-1843 USA

skipschiel at gmail.com
617-441-7756 (land line)
617-230-6314 (mobile, used only occasionally)
http://teeksaphoto.org
http://skipschiel.wordpress.com
http://eyewitnessgaza.net
*
* *Love people. Cook them tasty food.*

—Penzeys Spices

To join my email list about my spring 2012 experiences in *PALESTINE-ISRAEL*,
and for postings related to that issue and very personal reflections and
photographs, please reply with SUBSCRIBE LEVANT in the subject line.

To subscribe to my *PHOTO-MOVIE* list, what I make (on a variety of
topics), plus relevant other information and examples from other
photographers. I'll send links (average 1-3 links per week), not actual
photo files. If interested, please respond with SUBSCRIBE PHOTO-MOVIE.