[act-ma] [UJP] Valentine’s Day Rally: Tell Washington to “Have a Heart”

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Wed Jan 30 00:30:26 PST 2013

UJP: Valentine’s Day Rally: Tell Washington to “Have a Heart” p, h1,
h2, h3 {font-family: Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial; }
======== VALENTINE’S DAY RALLY: TELL WASHINGTON TO “HAVE A HEART” ======

*When:* Thursday, February 14, 2013, 12:30 pm *Where: *JFK Federal Building
• Government Center • Boston
-------- /NO MORE CUTS! TAX THE 1%!
         REDIRECT PENTAGON SPENDING! INVEST IN JOBS!/ ------------------------

Republicans and corporate interests are demanding $4 trillion in cuts to
social programs as the price to avoid a government shut down and US default.

Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, housing and other vital programs for the
American people are their targets.

Congress has already cut $1.5 trillion. We cannot afford any more cuts!

Massachusetts voters have overwhelmingly voted for a /*Budget for All
[1]*/ to promote prosperity, not job-killing austerity.

We say: ANY more debt reduction should come /*ENTIRELY*/by reducing Pentagon
bloat and making corporations and the 1% pay their fair share. We
need /*Jobs, Not Cuts!*/

-------- /HAVE A HEART: NO MORE CUTS!
         HAVE A HEART: TAX THE 1%!
         HAVE A HEART: REDIRECT PENTAGON $$ TO JOBS!/ ------------------------

*Budget for All Coalition:  *Mass Alliance of HUD Tenants • Mass Peace
Action • American Friends Service Committee • AFGE/Local 3258 AFL-CIO •
Survivors, Inc • Women’s International League for Peace and
Freedom/Boston • Dorchester People for Peace • Mass Union of Public
Housing Tenants • ACT-UP Boston • (preliminary list)

/For more information, contact:
MAHT 617-267-2949 maht at saveourhomes.org [2]
MAPA 617-354-2169 cole at masspeaceaction.org [3]
AFSC 617-623-5288 pshannon at afsc.org [4]/

United for Justice with Peace [5] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[6]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [7]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [8] Upcoming Events:  Campus Debate:
US Sanctions on Iran [9] Wed Jan 30 6:30pm Boston University - Photonics
Center Room 206 Boston Medea Benjamin: Resisting the Empire [10] Thu Jan 31
7:00pm First Church in Cambridge - Margaret Jewett Hall Cambridge We're Not
Broke [11] Tue Feb 5 7:00pm St. James Conference Room Salem Supporting the
Peacemakers: Massachusetts Peace Action Annual Meeting [12] Sat Feb 9 1:00pm
First Baptist Church Newton Center Valentine’s Day Rally: Tell Washington
to “Have a Heart” [13] Thu Feb 14 12:30pm JFK Federal Building Boston
Walk for Peace For the People – For the Earth - Boston area events [14] Wed
Feb 20 9:00am Cambridge, Boston, Dorchester Panel Discussion on Immigration
Reform [15] Thu Feb 21 11:00am tbd Boston area Saint Patrick’s Peace Parade
[16] Sun Mar 17 2:00pm South Boston
/More Peace and Justice Events [17].    How to Submit Events [18]/

[1] http://www.budget4allmass.org/
[2] mailto:maht at saveourhomes.org
[3] mailto:cole at masspeaceaction.org
[4] mailto:pshannon at afsc.org