[act-ma] Saint Patrick's Peace Parade - WE NEED YOUR HELP

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Tue Feb 5 17:27:08 PST 2013

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *Pat Scanlon <patscanlonmusic at yahoo.com>
*Subject: **Saint Patrick's Peace Parade - WE NEED YOUR HELP*
*

Hi Smedleys, Samanthas. VFP Chapters and Peace and Justice Allies,

We have some exciting news regarding this year's Saint Patrick's Peace
Parade - the road barriers will be left up until we pass and the street
sweepers will be behind us. This is big, meaning that possibly hundreds of
thousands, not tens of thousands will see our parade this year. We need
everyone help, we can all do our small part. We are all ambassadors for
this parade.

WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE OUR PARADE BIGGER AND BETTER THAN LAST YEAR,
PLEASE LEND A HAND. SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO:

   - Please contact, send a notice to everyone you know, all your friends,
   anyone you may know about the parade, including your church, synagogue,
   or temple.
   - Please invite any LGBT group or individual to join us. This is the
   20th anniversary of the Hurley Decision and will be an important date for
   the LGBT community to take back the streets of South Boston.
   - If you know a labor group or political group - please invite them.
   - NEW THIS YEAR - We will have an Environmental Stewardship Division -
   please contact any environmental group you may know or are involved with.
   - ALSO - If you know or can contact any peace, social justice,
   environmental group on a college or university campus please contact them.
   - ONE LAST THING - If you know of a band that would like to march please
   get in touch with them. Ask your local high school band if they would like
   to march with us for peace, inclusion and anti-discrimination.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH THE ORGANIZING FOR THIS
YEARS PARADE:
We meet every Thursday evening at 6:30 pm at the AFSC offices, 2161 Mass
Ave., Cambridge

Please see the Smedley's "Call for Help" (attached).
We need you and your chapter or group in Boston on March 17th.
This is big; The Saint Patrick's Peace Parade, The Alternative People's
Parade for Peace, Equality, Jobs, Environmental Stewardship, Social and
Economic Justice.

This is the 3rd Annual. Year one - 500 people, Year two - 2,000 people,
Year three - ???

Please see the attached flyer, "Call for Help" and our "You may not know"
piece.

There are 700,000 people who come to this parade. For the past two years,
immediately after the first parade the street barriers came down and the
street sweepers immediately behind the 1st parade signaled, party's over,
go home. Not this year, (big concession) our lawyers from the ACLU and a
big law firm in Boston got the City of Boston to agree, that the barriers
will stay up and the street sweepers will be behind our parade. So instead
of tens of thousands seeing our parade, there may be hundreds of thousands.

WE NEED AS MANY VFP CHAPTERS, PEACE GROUPS, LABOR GROUPS, RELIGIOUS GROUPS,
ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS AND PEACE AND JUSTICE GROUPS TO JOIN US AS POSSIBLE!
Please pass the word to your members, and friends and please join us in
Boston on March 17th.

PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE DO THIS!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
email - patscanlonmusic at yahoo.com
978-475-1776

Thanks,
Pat Scanlon
Coordinator, Veterans For Peace, Chapter 9, Smedley D. Butler Brigade

Post: SAA at lists.occupyboston.org