[act-ma] 2/28 Harriet Tubman: I Can't Die But Once

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Feb 8 18:23:26 PST 2013

        Thursday, Feb 28 - Harriet Tubman: I Can't Die But Once

Harriet Tubman followed General Butler's army as it marched through
Maryland. It was, after all, her home country, and it was an opportunity
to stimulate slaves to escape to the Union Army. Harriet Tubman,
operating as a scout and spy of the Union Army, was possibly the first
American woman to work on the battlefields of the Civil War. Told in the
oral tradition, Gwendolyn Quezaire Presutti will present the life and
times of Harriet Tubman in a 45 minute presentation. This program is
ideal for adults and families with children ages 11 and above. This
program is sponsored by the City-Wide Friends of the Boston Public
Library in celebration of Black History Month. *Free*

Where: Grove Hall Branch Library, 41 Geneva Ave, Dorchester

When: 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Contact: Event Website <http://www.bpl.org/branches/gh_calendar.htm> /
617-427-3337

from Bay State Banner Calendar