[act-ma] Saturday March 2, Fundraising Dinner at Aceituna Cafe in Cambridge/Water for Palestine

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Fri Feb 15 05:00:43 PST 2013

[Sent by Naila Jirmanus]

Dear Friends,

Please consider supporting this important project to improve water servises
at the Aida Refugee Camp. If you cannot go to the fundraising event, please
read about their work  at 1for3.org <http://1for3.org/>  and consider making
any small contribution.

Thanks,

Email from Cofounders:

Dear Friends,

I hope this email finds you well. In January I went to Aida Refugee Camp
with the 1for3 organization, a Boston-based group that has worked on water
services around the world, and a group of Tufts professors. There, we
investigated the possibility of improving water services for the over 6,000
refugees in my home community. Last summer, much of the camp went over 70
days without pumped water. Tufts research has indicated that this leads to
problems in water quality as well. Our team, partnering with Lajee Center,
the grassroots organization I've worked with for over a decade, has the
energy and know-how to help address this problem.

1for3 is holding a fundraising event on March 2, for this purpose. Amahl, a
group of water experts and public health doctors, and I are working with
1for3 to raise money for the project. Please visit 1for3.org
<http://1for3.org/>  to read more about the project in Aida Camp and help us
in distributing the flyer.

As always, thank you so much for your help.
Best Regards,
Nidal