[act-ma] Bike-A-Thon Registration is Open! / 4/6 Spring Open House / 4/7 Help load bikes for Guatemala

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Thu Mar 7 22:54:08 PST 2013

Bike-A-Thon registration is now open!
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37700&qid=460216>

Online Registration
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37701&qid=460216>
is open for the 26th Annual Bike-A-Thon
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37700&qid=460216>
on Sunday June 2nd!

  * Bike-A-Thon Registration Is Now Open! <#bat>
  * Spring Open House - April 6th <#oh>
  * Container Loading - April 7th <#load>

Bike-A-Thon Registration is Now Open!
Join Team Shark and more than 400 other riders at the 2013 Bike-A-Thon
photo by: Wayne Chinnock
Register now
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37701&qid=460216>
for Bikes Not Bombs' biggest and most exciting event of the year! Our
26th annual Bike-A-Thon will be Sunday, June 2nd, 2013. (Rain date would
be Sunday, June 23rd.) Join hundreds of riders for an amazing day of
cycling and fun while raising critical funds to support Bikes Not Bombs
work in Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, and right here in Boston.
Each year we have riders of all ages and skill-levels and every rider
makes a difference! We’ll have four scenic routes to choose from: 15
miles, 25 miles, 40 miles, and 65 miles.

Sign up today
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37701&qid=460216>
to take advantage of our early registration special! We’re offering half
price early registration. During the month of March, it’s only $10 for
adults and $5 for youth!

Also, you can RSVP to the Bike-A-Thon Facebook event
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37702&qid=460216>,
share it on your wall, and invite your friends to join in the fun!

Register to ride!
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37701&qid=460216>
or read more online
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37700&qid=460216>.

Spring Open House
Come visit the BNB Hub, check out photos and videos of our programs, get
your bike checked out by BNB Youth Employees and sign up for the
Bike-A-Thon! All this, and more, at BNB's Spring Open House, Saturday
April 6th, 1 - 4PM.

If you've ever wanted to see BNB from the inside, ask questions of our
staff, check out our bike machines up close, or learn about our array of
volunteer opportunities, this is the event for you.

There'll be snacks, interactive activities, a special celebration of our
out-going Director of Youth Programs, Elijah Evans, and a big welcome to
new Co-Directors, Ashley Leary and Jeremy Hanson.

RSVP on Facebook
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37709&qid=460216>
or email erica at bikesnotbombs.org for more information

Help BNB Load Bikes to BiciTec in Guatemala on Sunday, April 7th!
BNB Volunteers Flatten and Load Bikes and Parts for Shipment Photo By:
Stacey Rupolo
BiciTec, a new bicimáquina enterprise in Tecpán, Guatemala, creates
bicycle technology that contributes toward the sustainability,
self-reliance and economic development of rural communities in
Guatemala. BiciTec designs, fabricates and distributes bicimáquinas –
human-powered machines that use bicycles and pedal-power to drive
mechanical implements that are efficient, appropriate and revolutionary
in an age of excessive pollution and over-powered solutions. These
machines form “the middle ground between the artisanal and the
industrial,” says Carlos Marroquin, BiciTec founder.

Bicimáquinas, such as corn de-grainers, corn grinders, water pumps,
coffee depulpers, macadamia nut shellers, aloe shampoo blenders among
others, help people in rural areas of Guatemala increase their
productivity in a way that is both economically and environmentally cost
effective.

Help BNB load bikes to BiciTec! - Visit our website for more information
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37711&qid=460216>

TIME: Sunday April 7th from 10am to 5pm. Drop in for an hour or help out
all day!
PLACE: Bikes Not Bombs' warehouse at 10 Harvard Street in Dorchester

DETAILS: Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Equal Exchange coffee is
generously donated by City Feed & Supply! RSVP Online!
<http://bikesnotbombs.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=37711&qid=460216>

Bikes Not Bombs is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
The BNB Hub (office, youth programs, international development)
617-522-0222
284 Amory Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
United States