[act-ma] This Sunday: PARENTAL ADVISORY free radical parent cabaret in JP

Evan Greer evangreer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 14:46:14 PST 2013

*please forward widely*

SUNDAY, MARCH 10 is PARENTAL ADVISORY
A FREE cabaret of performances by rad parents of many genders.

It’s not a kid’s show. It’s an *awesome* show you can bring your kids to.

3pm - 5pm @ First Church in Jamaica
Plain<http://www.firstchurchjp.org/directions-and-parking/>,
Unitarian Universalist
6 Elliot St. JP, (right where Centre meets South, near The Monument.)

FREE and open to everyone. Healthy snacks provided! Free indoor Mini-Golf
course!

Hosted by: EVAN GREER <http://www.evangreer.org>, JP’s own renegade queer
riot-folk parent.

Kids can watch the show and there will be fun activities (mini golf!) and
professional childcare provided in a separate room.

Expect spontaneity, social justice poetry, banjos, punk rock, heartfelt hip
hop, awkward dancing, and occasional interruptions by cute kids.

Please RSVP and share on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/157176731100831/

Featuring some of Boston’s most talented performers who also happen to be
parents:

*EROC of FOUNDATION MOVEMENT*
parent, activist, photographer, and boston’s Best of hip hop

*MYRIAM ORTIZ*
revolutionary songs from many struggles, mom of twins

*KAZI TOURE*
former New Afrikan political prisoner, poet, playwright, co-chair of
Jericho Movement

*CLARA & JAKE*
new parents and renowned local punk-folk musicians

*JULIA TERRY*
parent, multimedia artist, writer, and storyteller who crafts transitory
ensemble pieces.

*JAMIE McLAUGHLIN*
rad mom, musician, and artist. host of the Out of the Blue open mic

*SHAWDEEN VATAN*
local parent, poet, and activist

Feel free to contact evangreer at gmail.com with any questions. This may
become a recurring event. The goal is to create an awesome community event
that is kid-friendly but not just for kids. Parents deserve to party. And
when we build together with our kids around we build a stronger, safer,
more empowered community.

Accessibility Info:
The space is wheelchair accessible. No nuts will be served. We will do our
best to accommodate all accessibility requests. Email
evangreer at gmail.comwith questions.