[act-ma] SUN Mar 31 MIT | An evening of Jazz, Whimsy, and Soul by Neha for Bhopal

Umang Kumar umkumar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 11:13:57 PDT 2013

 The International Campaign for Justice in Bhopal (ICJB) invites you to an
evening of Jazz, Whimsy, and Soul by Neha and her band of talented
musicians.

A siren with magnetic stage presence, Neha brings an intriguing uniqueness
to her music that will leave you wanting more. Her vocal lines boast
embellishments that will whisk you away to the jazz world of the 1930s and
40s. A young woman who's only at the beginning of her career, Neha works
the audience with an intimate finesse.

All proceeds from the concert will go to ICJB - an advocacy group that
works on behalf of the victims of the world's worst industrial disaster
that happened in Bhopal, India.

*When: March 31st, 2013, Sunday.
*Time*: 6:00 pm

*Where*: Wong Auditorium, MIT, 2 Amherst Street (Building E51) Cambridge ,
MA 02139

*Buy Tickets*: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/343774 ($15 reg.,
$10 student)

*More on the concert*: https://www.facebook.com/events/550666534968093/

*Promo video for the concert:* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8cR8VyQT-w

Please come to our concert !! and bring your friends !!

The following is a short background about our group, our cause, and the
Bhopal disaster:

In December 1984, the city of Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, India suffered the
world’s worst industrial disaster. A chemical plant belonging to Union
Carbide (now a subsidiary of Dow Chemical) released 40 tons of methyl
isocyanate, a highly toxic chemical, immediately killing 4,000 people and
affecting over 500,000 residents of the area. Till now, over 25,000 people
have died as a result of the disaster, and thousands of Bhopalis are
suffering from illnesses caused by exposure and water contamination due to
the toxic waste left behind. On average, one person dies every day from its
effects. Meanwhile, Indian authorities have failed to bring Union Carbide
to account. Moreover, despite the repeated promises to clean up the toxic
wastes, it remains, poisoning the water, the land, and spreading its
tentacles every passing day.

The International Campaign for Justice in Bhopal is a group working with
members of the South Asian and human rights community to provide justice to
the survivors of the Bhopal Chemical Disaster. Besides trying to engender
support for the cause and work towards providing justice, our group is
trying to build a movement that ensures or tries to ensure that there are
No More Bhopals as a result of gross negligence and lack of corporate
responsibility (Union Carbide/ Dow Chemical), here or anywhere else in the
world.

www.boston4bhopal.org - www.bhopal.net - www.bhopal.org

--
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep"