[act-ma] Announcing our Keynote Speaker: Register for Fletcher Extreme Inclusion, May 2nd

Jamilah Welch fletcherextremeinclusion at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 04:00:59 PDT 2013

To view this email online, paste this link into your browser:
http://e2.ma/message/d29fe/tuenmp
___________________________________

We are pleased to announce that Reverend James Lawson, Activist and Principal Strategist for the American Civil Rights Movement, will deliver the keynote address "Demanding Inclusion" at Extreme Inclusion (http://e2.ma/click/d29fe/tuenmp/1gx6hb), a conference exploring the role and impact of financial services in reducing poverty and generating well-being for marginalized populations. The conference will take place on May 2, 2013 on the campus of The Fletcher School at Tufts University in Medford, MA.

We are honored to have Reverend Lawson underscore the civic and economic power of systemically marginalized groups to catalyze change as we commemorate the 50th anniversary of the historic March on Washington.

Reverend Lawson will be introduced by David R. Harris, Provost and Senior Vice President, Tufts University and editor of The Colors of Poverty: Why Racial and Ethnic Disparities Persist.

Participants of Extreme Inclusion will have the opportunity to:

Gain an understanding of the current state of financial  inclusion: What is and isn't working? What needs to be done? What really makes a difference?

Connect with leaders in financial inclusion, including representatives from ACCION, Bankable Frontier Associates, BRAC, TrickleUp,MasterCard Worldwide, Aga Khan Foundation and CARE, as well as central bankers from 16 countries.

Get a first-look at original research on the role of mobile money in promoting financial inclusion from Fletcher Professor Jenny Aker, and new applications for the "pre-paid" model with Nicholas Sullivan, CEME Senior Fellow and author of Money Real Quick and You Can Hear Me Now.

Be inspired by our student "Pitch for Inclusion" competition, featuring graduate student pitches on inclusive financial products.

We hope you will be able to join us for this exciting event.

Register for the conference here (http://e2.ma/click/d29fe/tuenmp/h9x6hb) (registration is free).

Visit http://fletcher.tufts.edu/ExtremeInclusion (http://e2.ma/click/d29fe/tuenmp/x1y6hb) for the conference agenda, speaker bios, and logistics. Please forward this invitation to others in your network who might benefit from attending as well.

Questions? Email fletcherextremeinclusion at gmail.com or call CEME at: (617) 627-3700.

Sincerely,

Jamilah

Jamilah WelchProgram Coordinator, Inclusive Growth
Center for Emerging Market Enterprises:CEME (http://e2.ma/click/d29fe/tuenmp/duz6hb)

The Fletcher School | Tufts University

Martin Luther King, Jr. called Reverend Lawson "the leading theorist and strategist of nonviolence in the world."

Reverend Lawson is one of the extraordinary individuals profiled in A Force More Powerful (http://e2.ma/click/d29fe/tuenmp/tm06hb). The film, PBS series, and book challenge the common misconception that violence is the ultimate form of power in times of conflict.

Join the live-tweet on May 2nd:

 #extremeinclusion

@IBGC_Fletcher (http://e2.ma/click/d29fe/tuenmp/9e16hb)

160 Packard Avenue, Cabot 404 Medford, Massachusetts 02155 USA

___________________________________

 Share This:
http://e2.ma/share/outbound/e/d29fe/tuenmp [Share via Email]
http://e2.ma/share/outbound/t/d29fe/tuenmp [Share via Twitter]
http://e2.ma/share/outbound/f/d29fe/tuenmp [Share via Facebook]
http://e2.ma/share/outbound/l/d29fe/tuenmp [Share via LinkedIn]

This email was sent to act-ma at act-ma.org.
To ensure that you continue receiving our emails,
please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences (https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/44981/26723.6998115/927760483/?v=a)
opt out using TrueRemove(r) (http://e2.ma/optout/d29fe/tuenmp?r=aHR0cHM6Ly9hcHAuZTJtYS5uZXQvYXBwMi9hdWRpZW5jZS9vcHRfb3V0LzQ0OTgxLzI2NzIzLzkyNzc2MDQ4My8_dj1h)

Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails. (https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/44981/26723.6998115/927760483/?v=a)

email powered by Emma(R)