[act-ma] Fwd: Blockade still on tomorrow - 8:30 am April 10 - 15 Schuyler St. Dorchester

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Tue Apr 9 10:12:24 PDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dominic Desiata <ddesiata at clvu.org>

*EVICTION BLOCKADE*
*Tomorrow, Wednesday, April 10TH, 8:30 am*
*15 Schuyler St., Dorchester*
(runs from Blue Hill Ave. in Grove Hall to Elm Hill Ave.)

Dear friends
      In yet another example of shameless bank behavior, Bank of New York
Mellon and Bank of America will seek to evict Aloysius Nwankwo, his wife,
their four children, and the mom. They have lived there 20 years.
       As the attached flyer says - They are willing and able to pay rent.
They are pre-approved for a new mortgage. BCC has made a cash offer. They
will match or exceed any offer on the table by an investor. *The bank gets
no extra money by evicting!*
       Political leaders are calling on our behalf. If you are willing to
send an email or call, here is contact information:

Victor Manougian victormanougian at guaettalaw.com

Alicia Verity 617-434-6766 or alicia.verity at bankofamerica.com

Senior Vice President Corporate Social Responsibiliity Market Manager
Join us tomorrow at the blockade.
Show solidarity with the Nwankwo family.
Say NO to cruel and senseless evictions by Wall St. Banks.
      *As always, please respect the discipline of City Life and the Bank
Tenants Association with regard to picket line behavior, signs and chants.
Those risking arrest are already chosen. If we have not already talked to
you, please do not risk arrest.*

*Join us at City Life/Vida Urbana's 40th Anniversary Celebration on
Saturday, May 18th at 7 pm. Visit our website for tickets and to
participate in our $25,000 Challenge Grant! www.clvu.org/40th*

--
Dominic DeSiata, Organizer / Organizador
City Life/Vida Urbana

North Side Bank Tenants Association
 http://www.facebook.com/northside.bta
Twitter: @NorthSide_BTA

--
"Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits
of the few." passed by Occupy Boston General Assembly 11/29/11