[act-ma] 4/13 Last chance to see the exhibit of the political cartoons of Gerardo Hernández one of the Cuban Five

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Apr 12 11:31:26 PDT 2013

We are adding 2 hours on Saturday from 4 until 6 PM.

Please note that we previously announced the viewing hours on Sunday.
Community Church was forced to move their annual retreat back to the
Church so there will be a meeting going on.  It will be possible to
quietly see the show but we encourage you to come Saturday if you can.
On Sunday, we will be taking the show down just after 4 PM.  If you come
at 4 you can view the show quickly and help us take it down.  For more
info on Community Churches annual retreat see
http://www.communitychurchofboston.org/home/)

Gerardo Hernández is one of the Cuban Five political prisoners
incarcerated in the U.S. since 1998. The 5 were convicted of "conspiracy
to commit espionage." Their only crime was monitoring violent
paramilitary groups operating out of Miami, who were responsible for the
deaths of over 3,000 Cubans. Gerardo, who is serving two life sentences,
turned to drawing these cartoons as a way to share his political views
and creative energy.

A review of the show
http://www.somervillecafeblog.org/humor-that-takes-no-prisoners-the-cartoons-of-gerardo-hernandez/

*Community Church of Boston (CCB)*

565 Boylston St. Boston

(above Globe Restaurant in Copley Square)

*APRIL 6 -- 14, 2013*

**

*Gallery Hours:*

Sat. April 13,4 to 6 p.m.

(See note above),

Sun. April 14^4 to 4:15 p.m.

www.thecuban5.org <http://www.thecuban5.org/> www.July26.org
<http://www.july26.org/>

www.commchurchofboston.org/ <http://www.commchurch.org/>

617-504-9773, 617-266-6710

*Sponsors:Community Church of Boston, July 26^th Coalition and *

*International Committee for the Freedom of the Cuban 5*

**

*
*