[act-ma] MAKE SHIFT: Workspace for activists, artists accepting applications!

Liza Behrendt ljbehrendt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 16:59:31 PDT 2013

**
 *Join us at Make Shift Boston, 549 Columbus Ave.*
 View email in your
browser<http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=8e1aca667b&e=8e62122c4a>
.
              Hello Liza, *Do you need a new workspace? *Or do you know
somebody who does? Make Shift Boston is looking for new members! Please
help us get the word out by distributing this message broadly or *APPLY
TODAY!<http://quilted.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=b0a30936a1&e=8e62122c4a>
 *The application deadline is, midnight, Wednesday May 8th.

*What is Make Shift Boston?* We are a cooperative workspace of diverse
working artist, activists, and creative people from across disciplines. We
are also a gathering, exhibition, and community space. In all these
capacities, we strive to support social justice activism, creative
collaboration, solidarity, and the sustainability of values-driven
businesses.

*The location* is 549 Columbus Avenue, the former home of the Lucy Parsons
Center: a prime South end location with a long history of social justice
activism.

*Who should apply?* Working artist, activists, and creative people from
every race, class, faith, gender, sexuality, ability, and place of origin
are encouraged to join!

*As a member you get:*

   - 24/7 access, including the ability to bring friends and collaborators
   into the space
   - A percentage of dedicated non-common space to use for desk work,
   studio space, etc.
   - Opportunities to curate events, meetings, openings, and workshops in
   shared space
   - Social time and fabulous friends and collaborators (happy hours,
   music, networking events, hanging out, parties)

*You contribute*:

   - $200 monthly dues
   - Your time, energy, and ideas to maintaining the space, attending
   monthly meetings, periodic retreats, and committees

 If you're interested in one of our current openings, please fill out our *
application<http://quilted.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=a91583f6e1&e=8e62122c4a>
*, or if you have any questions please email us at:
CreativeCoopSpace at gmail.com

We look forward to hearing from you!

Love,
*Make Shift Boston*
Amy, Beth, Alexander, Susanna, Renessa, Ben, Amanda, Bhavin, Susi, Liza,
Oren, Nerissa
         Like<http://quilted.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=a968e24cc1&e=8e62122c4a>
us
on Facebook<http://quilted.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=630fea0641&e=8e62122c4a>|
*F**orward this call to a
friend<http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=8e1aca667b&e=8e62122c4a>
 *
  Copyright 2012 Make Shift Boston, All rights reserved.
*Our mailing address is:*
Make Shift Boston
549 Columbus Ave.
Boston, MA 02118