[act-ma] June 8-9: 200-Mile Walk to Ground the Drones

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Wed May 8 12:02:24 PDT 2013

200-Mile Walk to Ground the Drones
Covering Ground to Ground the Drones

Is this email not displaying correctly?View it in your browser
<http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=ad474c00c83953a2b8e225340&id=de2f097d1f&e=98ee6ce96c>.

Voices for Creative Nonviolence
<http://vcnv.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=ad474c00c83953a2b8e225340&id=160d5b87b9&e=98ee6ce96c>

*Covering Ground to Ground the Drones* walk and speaking tour
June 8-23, 2013 Join us in this walk to protest drone warfare. We’ll be
walking for about 2 weeks and 195 miles from the Rock Island Arsenal
(where launch mechanisms and bomb components are manufactured) to the
Iowa Air National Guard’s 132^nd Fighter Wing in Des Moines, the
proposed site of a new command center where drones can be
remotely-piloted to fly over other countries.

Tentative schedule: June 8-9 Events in Quad Cities June 10 Walk kicks
off from Rock Island, IL June 11   Muscatine, IA June 12-13 West
Liberty/Downey/West Branch, IA June 14 Iowa City June 15 Coralville, IA
June 16-18 Oxford/Amana/Marengo/Ladora/Victor/Brooklyn, IA June 19
Grinnell, IA June 20-21 Kellogg/Newton/Colfax, IA June 22-23       Des
Moines We’ll need help in locating venues for speaking events along the
route. We want to reach members of the public who might like to hear
from Voices co-coordinator and activist Brian Terrell, of Maloy, IA, who
will have just completed 6 months in prison for nonviolent civil
resistance at a drone base, and from Kathy Kelly, who will have just
returned from Afghanistan, where U.S. drones have tragically impacted so
many lives. We will also need help finding places to sleep along the
route, including churches, private homes, or, for many of those walking,
designated campsites, where available. Please let us know if you would
like to join in for any segment of the walk or assist the walk in any
way as we all strive to galvanize public opinion against drone warfare.
We welcome your emails and calls!

<http://vcnv.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=ad474c00c83953a2b8e225340&id=5bffdc19f5&e=98ee6ce96c>follow
on Twitter
<http://vcnv.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=ad474c00c83953a2b8e225340&id=6abb5b4ff3&e=98ee6ce96c>
|<http://vcnv.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ad474c00c83953a2b8e225340&id=42cfd4dfc0&e=98ee6ce96c>friend
on Facebook
<http://vcnv.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=ad474c00c83953a2b8e225340&id=f99646226a&e=98ee6ce96c>|
forward to a friend
<http://us1.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=ad474c00c83953a2b8e225340&id=de2f097d1f&e=98ee6ce96c>

/Copyright © 2013 Voices for Creative Nonviolence, All rights reserved./
*Our mailing address is:*
Voices for Creative Nonviolence
1249 W Argyle Street
Chicago, IL 60640