[act-ma] 7/2 Community Change Inc. Frederick Douglass Reading (Tues)

Veronica Yang veronicayang at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 13:42:21 PDT 2013

Please come to the 5th annual communal reading of Frederick Douglass' "What to the slave is the Fourth of July?" at 12pm on Tuesday July 2, 2013! Community Change Inc. is a nonprofit organization established in 1968 that promotes racial justice and equity. For its 5th consecutive year, CCI Boston is organizing this free and public event to raise awareness about alternative meanings of the fourth of July. Located on the Boston Common behind the 54th Regiment Memorial (corner of Park and Beacon Streets) in Boston, MA, this public reading is a great way to promote discussion about the meaning of this national holiday and to provide insight into an issue that was raised by Frederick Douglass 160 years ago, but is still very relevant today. What better way to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation? For more information about Community Change Inc. visit our website, http://www.communitychangeinc.org/ or call us at (617)-523-0555. We hope to see you there!