[act-ma] Volunteer for LGBT event in Provincetown

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 12:35:49 PDT 2013

Hi all - I'm posting a call for volunteers on behalf of my day job at Gay &
Lesbian Advocates & Defenders.

*
*

*This year’s GLAD Summer Party is going to be a huge celebration! It’s
coming up on Saturday, July 27TH in Provincetown*. I hope you and your
friends are interested and available to offer time, energy and enthusiasm
as a volunteer. *Read on for travel options!*

We've got lots of volunteer opportunities - ranging from being really
outgoing to working behind the scenes - we need bartenders, catering
assistants, registration greeters, auction assistants, set-up, clean-up,
etc! To help me match your interest to what positions are available *please
fill out the volunteer registration form online: **
www.glad.org/Events/eventVolunteer.php*<http://www.glad.org/Events/eventVolunteer.php>
**

The event is from 4pm-7pm. Set-up starts at 2pm and with everyone's help we
should be done with clean-up by 8:30pm.

*Summer Party features:*

**Special Guest Edie Windsor – DOMA case plaintiff*

*Celebrity Auctioneer Kate Clinton

*Cocktails courtesy of Bacardi, Barefoot Wine & Bubbly and Sam Adams
*Awesome Auction - win gift certificates for restaurants, travel packages,
massages & more! Online bidding available – place a proxy bid if you can’t
attend: www.biddingforgood.com/glad.

**

*How much for all this?* Volunteers attend for free. Tickets are $75 ($85
at the door) - includes 3 hours of open bar, food and fun. Tickets may be
purchased online <https://www.glad.org/event/2012-summer-party>.

*Need assistance getting there??*

We have arranged for 2 vans to assist volunteers who have limited
transportation options. These *free* shuttles leave from the Boston area at
8:30am on Saturday and returns around 11pm that evening. You’ll have a
couple of hours to roam around Ptown before your volunteer shift begins.
 Please mention on the form that you'd like to be added to the Volunteer
Van list.

*Thank you!* Your generous support plays a vital role in our ability to
take great leaps forward for the LGBT and HIV+ communities of New England.
GLAD has been fighting for equal rights from its inception in 1978 - with
such landmark victories as the *Goodridge* decision (10 years ago!) that
brought equal marriage rights to same-sex couples in Massachusetts and was
intimately involved in the recent DOMA victory.

*Questions?* Contact Rebecca Glucklich, Special Events Coordinator, at
rglucklich at glad.org.

I hope you can join us! And bring friends!

Thanks!

Robbie