[act-ma] Thursday 7/18, Free UPandOUT film screenings: "Apocalypse Africa - Made in America" AND "War on Whistleblowers - Free Press & the National Security State"

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Tue Jul 16 16:08:21 PDT 2013

Double-header:
Showing Thursday, July 18, in Cambridge [please download & distribute
flyer <http://rule19.org/download-film/film-130718-Apocalypse%20Africa.pdf>]

*<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-130718-Apocalypse%20Africa.pdf>Apocalypse
Africa: Made in America*

Secret recordings. Once classified films. Hidden documents. From inside
the archives of the US government comes a story of racism and
manipulation that reveals how the actions of a nation ultimately brought
about the collapse of a continent: Africa.

Over the course of just the last 50 years, approximately 20 million
Africans have lost their lives in numerous civil wars. Multi-Emmy
award-winning filmmaker Del Walters shows how those wars are directly
linked to corruption that reaches the highest levels of American
politics. The US is the leading arms supplier for wars in Africa.

"/When the US pays attention to you, run. Run. Fast. Heaven help you
when the US decides to 'help' you./"
~Randall Robinson, founder, Trans Africa

"/We/ [Americans] /have so much blood on our hands/. ... /It is a crime
of enormous pro~portion what western powers have done/."
~Randall Robinson

"/If Africa were a continent of white people, would 15,000,000 be dead now?"
"No/ ... /I call it assisted genocide or assisted suicide; we're doing
this to vast countries and continents today./"
~Randall Morris, NSC, Johnson & Bush administrations

/"The CIA maintains prepackaged stocks of //foreign //made weapons for
instant shipment anywhere in the world/"
~John Stockwell, CIA

"/We pay our tapper $3 a day, which is pretty good by Liberian standards./"
~ Firestone spokesperson, 2/21/07

"/$3 we're making sometimes/ [working for Firestone]/, when the pay
comes. Firewood costs, then life insurance costs, then social security,
then before long you're left with nothing./"
~African Firestone laborer

"/For 100 years, Firestone has cleared 1,000,000 acres in Liberia. ...
for 6cents an acre ... including mineral rights. I saw marked evidence
of a contemporary slavery/"
~Randall Robinson

"/We want these/ [African] /resources for ourselves.  We need these
resources./"
~Brian Clowes, Human Life International

"/Since 1968, the US has spent $17,000,000,000 on population control;
about half of that in Africa.//"
/~Brian Clowes

/"In 2004, Human Life International asked the Bush administration to
repudiate *NSSM 200*.*** They're still waiting for an answer./"
~Del Water, producer /Apocalypse Africa/

**[*In December of 1974, major U.S. government agencies involved in
foreign affairs submitted a detailed report on population control in
developing countries. Contributions came from the Central Intelligence
Agency, The Departments of States, Defense, and Agriculture, and the
Agency for International Development. Their contributions were combined
into one major report with the title, *"Implications of Worldwide
Population Growth for U.S. Security and Overseas Interests.*" The final
study -- more than 200 pages -- covered many topics from the viewpoint
of each of the participating agencies.

"*NSSM*" stands for "National Security Study Memorandum," and the number
200 identifies the order in which it was produced. The original request
for a review of overseas population policies was written April 27, 1974
by Henry Kissinger. The actual study became the official guide to
foreign policy November 26, 1975, when a National Security Decision
Memorandum (NSDM 314) was signed that endorsed the findings of the study.

NSSM 200 was compiled by the National Security Council, which is the
highest level of command in the U.S. government. The NSC is headed by
the President of the United States and his designated Security Advisor,
and its purpose is to coordinate the overseas operations of all
executive branches the U.S. government. Mathaba.net
<http://www.mathaba.net/news/?x=90207>*]*

*War on Whistleblowers*
*Free Press and the National Security State*

See what happened to 7 Americans who were compelled to reveal grave acts
of government illegality and violations to the US constitution during
the explosion of the military industrial complex following 9/11.

Figured prominently:

  * Michael DeKort, lead system engineer, Lockheed Martin
  * Vincent DiMezza, project manager, Boeing
  * Thomas Drake, former senior executive, NSA
  * Franz Gayl, deputy branch head, Pentagon - Space & Information
    Operations
  * James Holzrichter, internal auditor, Northrop Grumman Corp
  * Ken Pedeleose, industrial engineer, Department of Defense - DCMA
  * Thomas Tamm, criminal defense litigation atty, Department of Justice

"/We are witnessing the bipartisan normalization and legitimization of a
national-surveillance state./"
~Jack Balkin, Yale law professor

/"It's this strange 'Alice in Wonderland,' Kafkaesque state./"
~ director Robert Greenwald

/"Disgust with injustice may sharpen the desire for justice. Readers who
don't see this connection merely wish to be entertained, and I have
neither skill nor desire to turn the agony of a people into
entertainment/."?
~ Ayi Kwei Armah, notable Ghanaian writer

*When/where*
doors open 6:40; film starts promptly 7pm
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos>

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
*free film & free door prizes
****[donations are encouraged]
*feel free to bring your own snacks and soft drinks - no alcohol allowed
"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education/." ~
Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series* - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos>

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, Libya. Syria, Iran, So America, etc
etc - for billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for
the loss of liberty and civil rights...