[act-ma] [UJP Activist] UFPJ Action Alert: August: A time for action

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Fri Aug 2 05:00:02 PDT 2013

UJP Activist: UFPJ Action Alert: August: A time for action P,LI, BODY
{font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4
{text-align: center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;} H2 {font-size: 16px;} H1
{font-size: 17px;} LI {font-size: 13px;} .rtecenter {text-align: center;}
.rteindent1 {margin-left: 10pt; }
======== UFPJ ACTION ALERT: AUGUST: A TIME FOR ACTION ========================

Dear Peace and Justice Activist,
This August is shaping up into an extraordinary month for action! Last week
UFPJ brought you information about Nuclear Free Future Month [1] with
opportunities to phase out nuclear power and start negotiations on a treaty
to abolish nuclear weapons. We owe it to the victims of the atomic bombings
of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and to the future environmental health of our
planet to oppose nuclear weapons and power.Your donations to UFPJ [2]will
allow us to continue delivering news and action opportunities like this,
which are of vital importance to you and your organizations across the
country.

Also this August, the 50th anniversary of the historic
March on Washington* [3] will give voice to demands to end the plague of war,
the injustice of economic, racial and social inequality, and the destruction
of our planet. In the wake of the tragic outcome in the Trayvon Martin case
we must be connected with others standing up against racial and social
injustice, poverty and economic inequality, environmental destruction and
climate collapse in order to build our movement for peace and justice through
broad-based collective action. And lets not forget attack on the voting
rights act, moral Mondays in North Carolina and Dream Defenders as exciting
examples of nonviolent resistance building to Aug 24, and pushing to fufill
Dr King's dream.
We know you count on UFPJ to keep you informed and connected. Right now we
are facing a significant increase in costs for our email and web
communications.Please give as generously as you can so that UFPJ [4]can
continue to send out action alerts, newsletters, and legislative updates.
UFPJ communications promote and support the activities of our members groups.
Thank you for your work and your support!
The UFPJ Steering Committee

*United for Peace & Justice
Click Here to Donate! [5]
*

Donations to United for Peace and Justice are tax exempt to the extent
permitted by law. The Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR) is UFPJ's 501(c)3
fiscal sponsor.  If you would like to make a donation by check, please make
it payable to "FOR" and write "UFPJ" in the memo line.  Mail to: P.O. Box
607, Times Square Station, New York, NY 10108.

United for Justice with Peace [6] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[7]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [8]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [9] Upcoming Events:  Remembering
Hiroshima [10] Tue Aug 6 3:30pm Cambridge City Hall to Brattle Square
Cambridge FILM: "Hibakusha, Our Life to Live" [11] Tue Aug 6 7:00pm Brattle
Theater Cambridge Invisible War [12] Tue Aug 6 7:00pm St. James Conference
Room Salem Conflict in Syria: US Intervention and the Prospects for Peace
[13] Thu Aug 15 7:00pm First Parish Cambridge (Unitarian Universalist)
Cambridge Jobs, Justice, Freedom: 50th Anniversary of March on Washington
[14] Sat Aug 24 8:00am National Mall Washington, DC
/More Peace and Justice Events [15].    How to Submit Events [16]/

[1] http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=KLJy3STN3uv3dvK2wIDuFs5xWeUqcqey
[2] http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LQQTgu%2BAxzgII%2F0bn9kTgM5xWeUqcqey
[3] http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1EAeusJr4I7c4o28LH36bs5xWeUqcqey
[4] http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Py9DlP6%2F0VH0eZhyyPnqo85xWeUqcqey