[act-ma] [UJP] Commemorate 50 Years of Marching for Justice

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Fri Aug 23 04:45:03 PDT 2013

UJP: Commemorate 50 Years of Marching for Justice P, BODY, LI {font-family:
Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align:
center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;}
======== COMMEMORATE 50 YEARS OF MARCHING FOR JUSTICE ========================

Dear Friend,

Click here for a downloadable set of commemorative posters for the 50th
Anniversary of the March on Washington [1]
*Please join United for Peace and Justice in commemorating the 50th
Anniversary of the March on Washington on August 24th in our nation’s
capital. [2]* We need a strong peace and anti-war contingent to echo
King’s words about the inextricable links between racism, poverty and war.
 Let’s make sure Dr. King’s message is loud and clear on this
anniversary of the March on Washington and I Have A Dream speech.  Click
here to read Michael McPhearson’s blog on the significance of this march.
[3]

*UFPJ Plan of Action for the 50th Anniversary of the March on
Washington: **Shining a Light for Peace, Jobs, Justice and Freedom*

We will gather together in Washington DC and in communities across the
country to commemorate this great march and to renew our commitment to keep
marching for a just future.  We are taking an action for peace in Washington
DC on Friday night and we will be making our call for peace, jobs, justice
and freedom visible throughout the day on Saturday.  We hope you can join
us.

/*Boston Area 50th Anniversary Events*/

Memorial March for Peace [4] Wed Aug 28 1:00pm Boston to Newton
Boston's Unfinished March for Jobs, Freedom and Justice [5] Wed Aug 28 4:30pm
Boston Common
Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin [6] Wed Aug 28 6:00pm Kennedy
Library, Dorchester
*Friday Night, August 23: ACT FOR PEACE*

Assemble at 8 PM at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial for some commemorative
words and wreath laying, followed by the Light Brigade visuals at the
Reflecting Pool and candle light procession to the MLK Memorial where we will
close with some more words and wreath laying ceremony

*Saturday, August 24: SHINE A LIGHT*

8am-10am: Meet-up at 14th and Constitution to pick up signs and information
to distribute. Find a buddy and help get the peace message out!   To
volunteer, email info.ufpj at gmail.com [7]

11am: Assemble near the Vietnam Veteran Memorial near the paths north of the
reflecting pool under the trees, between 21st and 22nd Street. There are not
reserved spaces for the march, so it may be very crowded. We will look for
each other and gather if we can, and if not we will all be out there making
the message of peace visible for all to see.  The march will begin
around 12:30pm.

For the full schedule of events for the weekend, click here [8]

Whether you're coming to DC or commemorating the event locally, click here to
download posters [9].

United for Justice with Peace [10] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[11]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [12]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [13] Upcoming Events:  Jobs, Justice,
Freedom: 50th Anniversary of March on Washington [14] Sat Aug 24 8:00am
National Mall Washington, DC
/More Peace and Justice Events [15].    How to Submit Events [16]/

[1] http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3iauC52E6HUbjKBbHXmsCNP4xKoHFZEw
[2] http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=W1EHWlwMutt%2F%2BlrqFD98aVcT9B75hH1O
[3] http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=iBL0eHDMYsd%2FVVWjJuzB5tP4xKoHFZEw
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/node/4621