[act-ma] [UJP] Energy Exodus: March from Coal to Cape Wind

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Sun Aug 25 02:00:05 PDT 2013

UJP: Energy Exodus: March from Coal to Cape Wind P, BODY, LI {font-family:
Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align:
center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;}
======== ENERGY EXODUS: MARCH FROM COAL TO CAPE WIND =========================

======== AUGUST 28 - SEPTEMBER 2 ===========================================

======== LET’S MAKE COAL AND GAS HISTORY =================================

.... Six Days. 60 Miles. Our Future.

On August 28, 2013, a large group of New Englanders will converge in Fall
River, MA, near the largest coal-fired plant in the region. There they will
begin a 6-day march to Barnstable, MA, the seat of opposition to Cape Wind,
the nation’s first off-shore wind project.

This historic event will dramatize the urgency with which we must turn away
from fossil fuels and march toward a future full of sustainable jobs, clean
air, healthy communities, and local, renewable energy. Along the way we will
rally, sing, learn, hatch new plans, and make new friends. And by the end of
our journey, we will have gained so much more than 70 miles; we will have
built our movement stronger than it’s ever been before, and will have shown
the way to the safe clean energy future that we so desperately need to
ensure a liveable climate.

The march will conclude at Aselton Park on Monday. Join the march or the
rally!

======== RALLY FOR CAPE WIND - MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2: 1-3 PM =================

======== ASELTON PARK, HYANNIS ===============================================

*JOIN THE MARCH FOR AS MANY DAYS AS YOU CAN! MARCH AND RALLY SPONSORED
BY 350MA [1]*

FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THE MARCH:* **CLICK HERE* [2]

United for Justice with Peace [3] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[4]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [5]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [6] Upcoming Events:  Energy Exodus:
March from Coal to Cape Wind [7] Wed Aug 28 9:00am Boston's Unfinished March
for Jobs, Freedom and Justice [8] Wed Aug 28 4:30pm 54th Regiment Statue in
front of State House Boston Nuclear Weapons in the Middle East: Noam Chomsky
[9] Tue Sep 10 4:00pm MIT Campus Cambridge
/More Peace and Justice Events [10].    How to Submit Events [11]/

[1] http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=V90iLfoPyAdmhqCHKRLTy6cHmcvPbhyz
[2] http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mQMPgrJnRv2cBQGomzVm%2BKcHmcvPbhyz
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate