[act-ma] Sunday - September 22 - Roger Leisner will organize a Howard Zinn reading at the Maine Common Ground Country Fair in Unity

Roger Leisner rleisnerrfm at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 04:59:25 PDT 2013

Sunday - September 22 - Roger Leisner will organize a Howard Zinn reading at the Maine Common Ground Country Fair in Unity
I had originally planned to give a talk on the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and Maine, but with the former right wing governor of Indiana and President of Purdue University Mitch Daniels calling for Howard Zinn's history books to be banned and removed from libraries and schools, I believe it is time to fight back.  I will be recruiting Mainers to read from Howard Zinn's books and tell of their experiences in using Howard Zinn and other radical historians in their classrooms.  If you would like to volunteer to speak, please contact me ASAP.

Roger Leisner
The Maine Paparazzi
Radio Free Maine
P.O. Box 2705