[act-ma] Volunteer with Versus News

Sarah Herman sarah at versusnews.org
Mon Sep 9 08:13:07 PDT 2013

Independent news media group, Versus News <http://versusnews.org/>, seeks
editorial and field organizer volunteers. For students, we are willing to
work with your college/university to secure internship and/or independent
credits for the Fall or Spring semester. Versus has a selection of
volunteer concentrations, and will work with you to build a media-based
and/or social change volunteer position that you are passionate about.

Versus News is an independent news media group that reports on social and
political events and issues. With a national and international focus,
Versus News explores issues related to the environment, poverty, race,
gender, war, healthcare, politics, prisons, and breaking news. In effort to
resist how the mainstream media thinks, Versus News has a multicultural and
diverse Editorial Staff who is committed to reporting with fairness, and
starting conversations in communities.

Within the next year, Versus News will publish a monthly print magazine, do
radio broadcasting, podcasting, newscasting, and solidify as a worker-owned
and consumer-owned co-operative newsgroup.

Most volunteer hours will be based in our Cambridge office, which is a 5
minute walk from the Central Square Redline T stop. Email Sarah at
sarah at versusnews.org with your resume and a brief statement describing why
you want to volunteer with Versus News.

Please visit *http://versusnews.org/* to read articles, watch videos, find
submission guidelines, and learn more today.
--
Sarah Herman
Versus News, Co-Founder