[act-ma] 10/1 in Boston: Don't Miss Award Winning Columnist Gary Younge Speak about his new book, "The Speech"!

Kelly deWolfe dewolfe.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 11:50:36 PDT 2013

AN EVENING WITH GARY YOUNG

When: October 1st, 6-8pm

Location: Suffolk University Law School, 120 Tremont St. Boston. The event
will be located in the 1st floor conference room.

Don't miss award-winning Guardian and Nation columnist, Gary Younge, speak
about his new book: *The Speech: **The Story Behind Dr. Martin Luther King
Jr's Dream.*

It has been 50 years since Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech,
which stands as the nation's favorite address delivered by one of its most
beloved figures. But, "I have a dream" wasn't in the text of the speech and
its mainstream popularity only grew after King was assassinated.

Gary Younge, author of *The Speech: The Story Behind Martin Luther King
Jr.'s Dream*, traces the genesis of the speech and asks, why has America
embraced it the way that it has, and what is its significance in the age of
Obama?

Light refreshments will be served.

Co-sponsors: Community Change, Inc., Suffolk Law's Black Law Students
Association, the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Race and Justice,
and the Union of Minority Neighborhoods.

Suffolk University Law is accessible via the Park St. T stop.

--

Kelly deWolfe