[act-ma] Community Change, Inc 45th Anniversary - celebrating years of work in Racial Justice!

Kelly deWolfe dewolfe.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 10:25:35 PDT 2013

*Join us for a celebration of Community Change, Inc 45th Anniversary, and
Founder Horace Seldon's 90th Birthday!*
*
*
*WHEN:* Friday, November 22, 2013 6-9 p.m.

*WHERE:* UMASS BOSTON Campus Center, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA -
Accessible by MBTA - JFK/Umass stop (Red Line) as well as Commuter Rail
*
*
*With a Keynote Address by Tim Wise*

*Drylongso Awards presentations:*

*Kelly Bates*, Founding Executive Director, Elma Lewis Center for Civic
Engagement, Learning and Research at Emerson College

*Keith Motley,* Chancellor, University of Massachusetts Boston

*Tim Wise*, Anti-racist Author, Activist, and Speaker

*About Community Change: *CCI is one of the oldest, continuously operating
anti-racist organizations in the nation. Since our founding in 1968 CCI has
kept its commitment to dismantling structural racism. We exist because
historically, in the United States, white people have had the power to
create and control the institutions that govern the lives of all who live
here. This has produced a system of advantage for white people who benefit
from unearned privilege at the expense of people of color and damages our
collective humanity. Our vision is to create an equitable society that
reflects our nation's professed founding values of equality for all.

--

Kelly deWolfe