[act-ma] Wed, 10/30: PROTEST in Weston: Tell Obama No Keystone XL!

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Tue Oct 29 22:40:32 PDT 2013

[gatekeeper org, but worthy action]

-------- Original Message --------

Friends,

On Wednesday, President Obama will be coming to the Boston suburbs for a
fundraiser -- and we want to be there to greet him with a clear message:
reject the Keystone XL pipeline!

Over the last several months, Massachussetts has helped lead the fight
against tar sands, including a great Boston Draw the Line action and
taking the fight straight to the State Dept. as part of the No KXL
Pledge in just the last month.

Now is our chance to send our message directly to the man making the
decision -- President Obama.

*Can you be there tomorrow at 4pm in Weston to tell the President to
stop Keystone XL?* *Click here to RSVP on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/events/1404797706421604/?source=1
<http://act.350.org/go/4014?t=1&akid=3721.663021.ew6HzD>*

Here are the Details:

*What*: Massachusetts Tells Obama: No KXL! A family-friendly rally to
greet the President outside his fundraiser and let him know we want him
to reject the pipeline!

*When and Where*: We will gather at 4pm on Wednesday on the corner of
Sylvan Lane and Beaver Rd in Weston, MA. There's a rideshare board
linked on the Facebook event if you need a ride or can offer one. Let's
carpool!

*Who:* 350.org, 350 Mass, Sierra Club, Students for a Just and Stable
Future, Center for Biological Diversity, and more! This is part of a
nationwide effort to make sure that everywhere the president, Vice
President Biden, and Secretary Kerry turn, they see Americans opposed to
Keystone XL.

*The President's schedule is always subject to change, so please check
the Facebook event page
<http://act.350.org/go/4015?t=2&akid=3721.663021.ew6HzD> for any changes
before you leave for the action! *

President Obama has made it clear that he's willing to reject the
pipeline, and if he's serious about his climate promises, it should be
an easy decision. The pipeline fails the climate test, and he needs to
know we're watching closely to make sure he will do the right thing.
*350 organizers have met him at dozens of his public events in the past
few months -- including overseas -- and we want to keep the pressure on
when he comes to Massachusetts.*

It's going to be a fun, important event, so invite your friends and
neighbors and co-workers, and take an hour or two to join us. *Signs,
banners and chants will be provided -- all you need to do is be there,
and be loud <http://act.350.org/go/4015?t=3&akid=3721.663021.ew6HzD>. *

Hope you can make it on Wednesday,

Sara