[act-ma] Save the date, 12/5, opening reception: Palestinians in Cambridge - Stories from the Diaspora [exhibit thru Jan 24]

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Tue Oct 29 22:53:47 PDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------

"*There is this expression in Arabic that "every people live in their
country" but for Palestinians "our country lives in us". Most
Palestinians live in exile and many have never been to Palestine - in
some sense it's this mythical place. I'm lucky in that I've been able to
spend a large portion of my life in Palestine on the ground*."
                         Sa'ed Atshan

Palestinians in Cambridge: Stories From the Diaspora

An exhibit of photographic portraits and excerpts from interviews with
twenty Palestinians about life and identity in the Diaspora, and
experiences living and working in Cambridge.

Multicultural Arts Center

41 Second St.

East Cambridge, MA

*Opening Reception:  December 5th, 6-8pm*

Exhibit runs through January 24^th , 2014

Interviewees include Salma Abu Ayyash and Giacomo Milia, Sari
Abuljubein, Jamal and Mushoor Abu-Rubieh, Sa'ed Atshan, Nidal Al-Azraq,
Amahl Bishara, Leila Farsakh, Randa Ghattas, Sami Herbawi, Layla
Hijab-Cable, Asma Jaber, Walid Masoud, Rania Matar, Dana Sajdi, Maysoun
Shomali and Jamal Saeh.

*Additional programming:*

December 12, 2013, 7-9 PM

*Palestinian Identity:  Reflections on home and exile, memories and
aspirations*

A Conversation with Nidal Al-Azraq, Sa'ed Atshan, Salma Abu Ayyash,
Leila Farsakh, Sami Herbawi, and Layla Hijab-Cable

January 9, 2014, 7-9 PM

*Films and discussion on**Palestinian experience of incarceration *

  *"Degrees of Incarceration" (60 minutes) with filmmakers and
exhibition interviewees

Nidal al-Azraq and  Amahl Bishara

*"Just a Child" (10 minutes) with film maker Mohammad Al-Azza about the
toll of youth imprisonment in Bethlehem.

*For more information:*

bethlehemcambridge at gmail.com <mailto:bethlehemcambridge at gmail.com>
www.cambridgebethlehem.org