[act-ma] People's Cafe Nov 23 with Josh Rosen, Plus forum on Mass Incarceration Nov 7

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Wed Nov 6 11:59:15 PST 2013

Hi all,

MassOccupy/Brookline and The People's Cafe are excited to announce our next
event, Saturday Nov 23 at the First Parish Unitarian Church in Brookline.
Our performer will be noted local Jazz Pianist Josh Rosen. This will be a
benefit for The Real Cost of Prisons Project and for The Boston Workers
Alliance.

As Michelle Alexander has so forcefully shown in her book The New Jim Crow,
the "war on drugs" has not only locked away millions in our ever-expanding
prison system, but has devastated minority communities. These two groups are
actively engaged in the fight against this, and we are proud to support
them. See details on the attached flyer.

This cafe is in conjunction with a forum that MO/B is putting on Tomorrow
Nov 7 at the Brookline Public Library on Mass Incarceration and Racial
Inequality: The New Jim Crow. We have a great group of speakers on this
vital topic. Details on the second attached flyer.

We hope to see you at both events!

David Klafter

for MassOccupy/Brookline