[act-ma] GLAD seeks new Executive Director - please spread the word

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 08:53:07 PST 2013

Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is seeking to hire a
facilitative, civil rights-experienced executive director at this pivotal
point in the movement to help our bold and visionary organization ensure
equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, and people
living with HIV. Through strategic litigation, public policy advocacy, and
education, GLAD works in New England and nationally to create a just
society, free of discrimination based on gender identity and expression,
HIV status, and sexual orientation.

GLAD, with its headquarters in downtown, Boston, MA, is guided by a
talented and passionate 20-member Board of Directors and has a total of 34
staff members, as well as numerous volunteers who staff our legal
information service -*GLAD Answers*. GLAD’s financial standing is strong
with an annual budget of $3–4 million. A strategic plan was completed in
May 2011 and will require renewal after the new executive director is hired.

I am assisting GLAD with their search and we are spreading the word about
this opportunity as widely as possible. Please share this information with
those in your network who should be aware of this opportunity. A complete
description of the position, along with instructions for applying, are
available at GLAD ED Job
Application.<http://www.tsne.org/site/c.ghLUK3PCLoF/b.8839697/k.109/Nonprofit_Jobs__Executive_Director_GLAD.htm>
Candidates
are strongly encouraged to apply promptly. Applications will be accepted
until the position is filled with priority given to applications received
by November 15, 2013.

We thank you so much for your assistance in getting the word out. Your
involvement in outreach can have a big impact on the future of Gay &
Lesbian Advocates & Defenders and its mission!

http://www.tsne.org/site/c.ghLUK3PCLoF/b.8839697/k.109/Nonprofit_Jobs__Executive_Director_GLAD.htm

<http://www.glad.org/>

*Through strategic litigation, public policy advocacy, and education, Gay &
Lesbian Advocates & Defenders works in New England and nationally to create
a just society free of discrimination based on gender identity and
expression, HIV status, and sexual orientation.*

*Robbie Samuels **Senior Manager of Events and*

*Donor Engagement*

Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders
30 Winter Street, Suite 800
Boston MA 02108