[act-ma] Monday, Dec 9: Stop the Presses, live webcast - "Conversations on Communications and Innovation"

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Sun Dec 1 23:43:21 PST 2013

Center for Story-based Strategy, Formerly smartMeme
Dear Friends,
Iâ??ve always wanted to run into a newsroom and yell "Stop the Presses!"
(What communications nerd hasnâ??t?) But since actual printed newspapers
are becoming a thing of the past, I am taking to the internet to
â??yellâ?? it: STOP THE PRESSES!
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1%2B%2F0iyFRP%2FqLW6lYwbFVAl4VUee8U1KL>
*Stop the Presses! is a monthly live webcast* produced by the Center for
Story-based Strategy and hosted by Joseph Phelan. The program will pull
together organizers, leaders, and communications experts to look at
communications lessons from ongoing campaigns, and explore
communications innovations that are advancing social justice movements
across the United States.
We will invite the leading edges of the labor movement and
communications strategists with bold ideas to talk with each other and
take your questions! Thatâ??s right, viewers (thatâ??s you!) can use
twitter, youtube, and google+ to engage with the panelists.
The pilot episode of Stop the Presses! is on *Monday December 9, 2013 at
1 PM PST/4 PM EST* and we hope you'??ll join us
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=A6meuzKI4KANj3f7DPFXnF4VUee8U1KL>.
We will talk with organizers and communicators from Jobs with Justice,
Color of Change, and Our Walmart about their Black Friday protests and
inserting workers rights into the holiday season media storm. Their
efforts are getting major coverage and real results - even Ashton
Kutcher is tweeting about workers rights!
RSVP here
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3A3yXnh82i99sHz7x5Ox7HnKeTdzLli3>for
the first Stop the Presses! /Conversations on Communications and Innovation/
Onward!
Joseph Phelan, and the rest of the CSS team.
P.S. If you are in the Bay area (12/5) or Boston (12/10), don't miss our
Flock Together Celebrations
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6vMPd%2F7AzxWW5fiIxYodXl4VUee8U1KL>!

        Center for Story-based Strategy

*West Coast:* 900 Alice Street #320  Oakland CA, 94607 (510) 903.1809
*East Coast:* 101 Tremont Street #812  Boston MA, 02108  (617) 249.4159