[act-ma] Make Shift Boston is looking for new members!

Liza Behrendt ljbehrendt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 11:58:32 PST 2013

An incredible co-working opportunity for activists, creative people, and
anyone excited about a cooperative workspace!
         Make Shift Boston is seeking social justice minded creative folks
to join!    View this email in your
browser<http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=1a8e3a62af&e=2bc220ed8f>
                      Make Shift Boston
is looking for new members! Do you need a new workspace?
Or do know somebody who does?

*Make Shift Boston *is a cooperative coworking space of diverse working
artists, activists, and creative people from across disciplines. We are
also a gathering, exhibition, and community space. In all these capacities,
we strive to support social justice activism, creative collaboration,
solidarity, and the sustainability of values-driven businesses.

*The location is 549 Columbus Avenue*, former home of the Lucy Parsons
Center: a prime South End location with a long history of social justice
activism.

*Who? *Currently, our members are: writers, graphic designers, web
developers, community organizers, a filmmaker, a computer engineer, and a
social entrepreneur. Working artists, activists, and creative people from
every race, class, faith, gender, sexuality, ability, and place of origin
are encouraged to join!

*As a member of Make Shift, you contribute:*

   - $175-250 sliding scale monthly dues
   - Your time, energy, and ideas to maintaining the space, attending
   monthly meetings, periodic retreats, and committees

  *In return, you get:*

   - 24/7 access, including the ability to bring friends and collaborators
   into the space
   - A percentage of dedicated non-common space to use for desk work,
   studio space, etc.
   - Opportunities to curate events, meetings, openings, and workshops in
   shared space
   - Social time and fabulous friends and collaborators (happy hours,
   music, networking events, hanging out, parties)

*Looking for less hours and a lower monthly contribution?* We are thinking
about opening our space to part time “Shift Workers.” You would contribute:
$75-125 (sliding scale) monthly dues for any 25 hours/week to work in our
common work space areas. If this would interest you, email us at
hello at makeshiftboston.org with “Shift Workers” in the subject.

*For more information*, *or to apply,* check out our website:
makeshiftboston.org<http://quilted.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=dbfd1fefb2&e=2bc220ed8f>

(You can access the application by clicking "join" in the upper right, or
by going directly to
http://bit.ly/15WzwzQ<http://quilted.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=babde11776&e=2bc220ed8f>
.)

*Or send us an email*: hello [at] makeshiftboston [dot] org — If you don't
want to join now, but you want us to keep your information on file in case
we have future openings, please let us know.

We look forward to hearing from you!

*Love,*

*Make Shift Boston*
           *Copyright © 2013 | Make Shift Boston, All rights reserved.*

*Our email address is: *hello[at]makeshiftboston[dot]org
*Our street address is: *549 Columbus Ave. Boston, MA 02118
*Find us online:
*www.facebook.com/549Columbus<http://quilted.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=8894db53d4&e=2bc220ed8f>|
makeshiftboston.org<http://quilted.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=1afc733311&e=2bc220ed8f>

unsubscribe from this
list<http://quilted.us2.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=6b358bf465&e=2bc220ed8f&c=1a8e3a62af>
update subscription
preferences<http://quilted.us2.list-manage.com/profile?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=6b358bf465&e=2bc220ed8f>

   This email was sent to hello at makeshiftboston.org
*why did I get this?*<http://quilted.us2.list-manage.com/about?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=6b358bf465&e=2bc220ed8f&c=1a8e3a62af>
    unsubscribe from this
list<http://quilted.us2.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=6b358bf465&e=2bc220ed8f&c=1a8e3a62af>
    update subscription
preferences<http://quilted.us2.list-manage.com/profile?u=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&id=6b358bf465&e=2bc220ed8f>
Creative Cooperative Workspace · 549 Columbus Ave · Boston, MA 02118 · USA

[image: Email Marketing Powered by
MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=b34a0111e18bdd842be3e4c24&afl=1>