[act-ma] Job Opening: Database Manager at GLAD
send2robbie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 11:11:00 PDT 2013
Hi all, another position has opened up in the development department at
GLAD (where I work). Are you a pro on Raiser's Edge and want to support the
fight for LGBT equal justice? See below for how to apply. This position is
open until filled, so please apply immediately if interested. Best, Robbie
*Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD)*
Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is New England’s leading legal
rights organization dedicated to ending discrimination based on sexual
orientation, HIV status and gender identity and expression. Founded in
1978, GLAD advocates for the legal rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals,
transgender individuals and people living with HIV.
GLAD seeks a full-time Database Manager to maintain and support the
organization’s donor management systems, and serve as GLAD’s point person
for Raiser’s Edge.
The Database Manager is responsible for reporting from and maintaining the
integrity of the organization’s Raiser’s Edge database. S/he ensures that
constituent profiles are maintained accurately, supervises gift processing
from deposit to acknowledgment, conducts queries, generates listings for
mailings, meetings and events, and oversees the registration process at
major events. The Database Manager will also ensure timely reconciliation
with financial systems. S/he will work with database software vendors to
coordinate data software updates, training and other purchases; and train
and supervise department staff in the use of Raiser’s Edge.
• Extensive experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database,
preferably at the expert level
• Ability to understand internal processes and how they relate to
functionality within Raiser’s Edge
• Skilled in a PC Office environment
• Effective management and multi-tasking skills, and ability to function in
• Detail oriented, organized and able to analyze, diagnose and solve
• Strong communication skills especially regarding scheduling, project
status and deadlines
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Experience working with Blue State Digital a plus
• Preferred: Knowledge of the LGBT community and related social justice
1. Manage and maintain GLAD’s donor database with an eye for clarity,
consistency and accuracy, and serve as GLAD’s expert in Raiser’s Edge.
2. Develop and monitor data integrity systems such as work flow,
duplicate reconciliation, data entry performed by others, and
staff/volunteer access parameters.
3. Design and revise coding structure and systems to support
fundraising efforts; and create instructional guides to document these
4. Manage an annual calendar of ongoing data and reporting needs;
design and execute new queries, reports, and complex imports of meta-data;
produce donor lists for mail, email and reporting needs.
5. Prepare and make all bank deposits, monitor online gift system, and
conduct monthly reconciliation with financial systems.
6. Supervise the processing of all gifts and the production of
acknowledgement letters. Prepare monthly pledge invoices and year-end tax
letters for donors. Perform gift processing as needed.
7. Supervise and train Data Entry Assistant, and volunteers in the use
of Raiser’s Edge. Provide Raiser’s Edge training and assistance to
department colleagues and other staff as necessary.
8. Work in collaboration with Special Events team to create mailing
lists for invitations and solicitations, track event sponsorships pledges
and payments, and record attendance. Manage the registration process at
major special events.
9. Develop and maintain prospect research and tracking systems.
Perform prospect research and analysis.
10. Oversee the major donor acquisition mail campaigns, including list
pulls and production.
11. Manage vendor relationship with Blackbaud and negotiate purchase of
systems upgrades and maintenance contracts. Install upgrades and patches.
Serve as liaison with Blackbaud regarding customer support needs and issues.
12. Collaborate with other departments to identify and establish systems
for collecting donor and prospect data.
13. Provide gift-related information to donors and constituents on the
phone and in person as requested.
14. Assist with carrying out development objectives and priorities for
*Reports To: * Director of Development
Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits include full
health, dental and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) with employer
contribution; three weeks vacation; and supportive and friendly work
environment dedicated to groundbreaking achievement for the LGBT and HIV
*GLAD is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We are
dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic
staff committed to working in a multicultural environment, and strongly
encourage applications from people of color, individuals with disabilities,
and members of the transgender community.*
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Marie Longo, Director of
Development: mlongo at glad.org, Please put the title “Database Manager” in
the subject line of your email. This position is open until filled, so
please apply immediately if interested.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA