[act-ma] Wed 10/16 noon: GOP Extremists - Cease & Desist!
cole at budget4allmass.org
Thu Oct 10 11:36:33 PDT 2013
*[image: Cease & Desist]
It’s time to listen to what the voters keep saying about the Budget
*Wednesday, October 16, 12 noon
Massachusetts GOP Headquarters
85 Merrimac St, Boston
North Station "T" stop*
*The Budget for All! campaign calls for an emergency protest:*
• *No to a Republican shutdown:* too many people get hurt
• *No to defaulting on the debt:* even more of us will get hurt
• *No to a bad Grand Bargain:* The president must stand firm against
cuts to Social Security and other vital programs
• *Yes to the **Budget for All!** agenda* supported 3 to 1 by Mass.
voters in last year’s election:
1. Prevent cuts to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Veterans
benefits, or to housing, food and unemployment assistance;
2. Create and protect jobs by investing in manufacturing, schools, housing,
renewable energy, transportation and other public services;
3. Provide new revenues for these purposes and to reduce the long-term
federal deficit by closing corporate tax loopholes, ending offshore tax
havens, and raising taxes on incomes over $250,000; and
4. Redirect military spending to these domestic needs by reducing the
military budget, ending the war in Afghanistan and bringing U.S. troops
home safely now.
Gather at the offices of the Republican State Committee for a protest. We
will deliver a*Cease & Desist Order* to the state Republican Party urging
them to repudiate extremist leadership and tell them to raise the debt
limit, stop the shutdown, stop sequestration, and support the *Budget for
Speakers will include federal employees who have been furloughed and others
directly affected by the threatened shutdown.
*Budget for All!*
Budget for All Massachusetts
11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA