[act-ma] 1/7 (Tuesday): Linux Class @ SETC (6:30 - 8pm)

Steve Revilak steve at srevilak.net
Sun Jan 5 14:00:35 PST 2014

Wanna learn Linux?  Then join us on Tuesday January 7th, 6:30 -
8:00 pm at the South End Technology Center [1], 359 Columbus
Ave., Boston.

GNU/Linux is a free software; that's free as in freedom, and free
as in beer.  It's a full-featured operating system, developed by
people from all around the world, and it comes without the
costs (or restrictions) associated with proprietary systems like
Windows or Mac OS.  Linux respects the rights of its users, and
it's not tied to a company who's eager to monetize your personal
information, or turn it over to one of those three-letter
goverment agencies.

Our theme for January will be "breathing new life into old
computers with GNU/Linux", and we'll start by surveying some of
the lightweight graphical environments (aka "Window Managers")
that are available.

Hope you can join us on Tuesday.

Steve

[1] http://www.tech-center-enlightentcity.tv/contactus.html
     (We usually meet in the middle room, or in the fab lab).

[2] http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2013/index.html