[act-ma] [UJP Activist] Towards a Just & Cooperative U.S. Foreign Policy

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Tue Jan 7 13:09:44 PST 2014

UJP Activist: Towards a Just & Cooperative U.S. Foreign Policy P,LI, BODY,
DIV.event-when,DIV.event-where {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;
font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align: center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;}
H2 {font-size: 16px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;} IMG.bord {border: 2px solid
black;} IMG.nb {border-width: 0;} LI {font-size: 13px;} .rtecenter
{text-align: center;} .rteindent1 {margin-left: 10pt; }
======== TOWARDS A JUST & COOPERATIVE U.S. FOREIGN POLICY ====================

*When:* Saturday, February 8, 2014. 1:00 pm
*Where: *St Ignatius Parish • 28 Commonwealth Ave • Take Green Line "B"
to End of Line & cross Comm. Ave. • Chestnut Hill

======== MASSACHUSETTS PEACE ACTION 2014 ANNUAL MEETING ======================

What a year! A popular outcry stopped a U.S. war with Syria and diplomacy
promises relaxation of tensions with Iran (if Congress doesn’t interfere).
The Budget for All proved that voters want less military spending and more
social investment, and the Autumn Convergence showed that we can connect
peace, climate, and economic and social justice into a single progressive
agenda.

Why is the U.S. the world’s policeman and what is the alternative? How can
we move our nation towards a more peaceful foreign policy? We present two
important voices to solve these riddles and shape our work in 2014.

*Barney Frank* served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1981 to
2013. A constant campaigner to cut the military budget by 25%, he formed the
Sustainable Defense Task Force in 2010 to propose practical ways to do so,
and criticized U.S. support for NATO . The primary architect of the 2010
Dodd-Frank financial reform act, Frank is now at work on a book.

*Andrew Bacevich* is Professor of International Relations and History at
Boston University. A West Point graduate and retired U.S. Army Colonel, he is
author of /The New American Militarism, Washington Rules/, and/Breach of
Trust/.  Read an important recent article [1]. Bacevich urges the U.S. to
abandon its hegemonistic foreign policy and focus on rebuilding its society
at home. His books will be available for signing.

Workshops will focus on Iran and the Mideast, Israel/Palestine, convergence
and new foreign policy. Do you have a workshop idea? Propose a workshop –
details here! [2]

We will complete the election of new board members.

All are welcome! Click here to Pre-Register [3].

Doors open 12:30 for registration and refreshments.  Meeting begins promptly
at 1:00.

Take the Green Line "B" train to the end of the line and walk across Comm.
Ave. to the church.  Parking in BC Garage off Beacon St.   /Some parking
behind church for those with limited mobility - please notify us in advance./

Free to members – others $10.  Make your membership donation today! [4]

Massachusetts Peace Action, masspeaceaction.org [5],
617-354-2169, info at masspeaceaction.org [6].
 Facebook: facebook.com/masspeaceaction [7]. Twitter:@masspeaceaction [8]

United for Justice with Peace [9] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[10]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [11]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [12] Upcoming Events:  Max Blumenthal:
"Fascism, Free Speech and Racist Social Engineering in the Jewish State" [13]
Tue Jan 7 8:00pm Northeastern University Law School Boston The House I Live
In (film) [14] Thu Jan 9 7:00pm First Parish Church Watertown Close
Guantanamo Now! [15] Sat Jan 11 1:00pm Park Street Station Boston The
Activist Ball [16] Sat Jan 25 7:00pm Spontaneous Celebrations Jamaica Plain
Music for Peace: Schubert’s Winter Journey [17] Sat Feb 1 7:30pm
Harvard-Epworth Methodist Church Cambridge Towards a Just & Cooperative U.S.
Foreign Policy [18] Sat Feb 8 12:30pm St Ignatius Parish Chestnut Hill One
Nation—Under Surveillance [19] Sat Mar 29 10:00am Central Connecticut State
University New Britain, CT
/More Peace and Justice Events [20].    How to Submit Events [21]/

[1] https://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/12/08-3?print
[2] http://masspeaceaction.org/4279
[3] http://org.salsalabs.com/o/161/c/3952/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=81227
[4] http://masspeaceaction.org/act/donate