[act-ma] 1/14 It's Not Just the NSA: Big Brother, Little Brother and the Private Spies who are Destroying Your Privacy

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sun Jan 12 11:58:58 PST 2014

I'm resending this message orgionally sent by Steve Revilak
<steve at srevilak.net>
It got blocked by the mailman program that act-ma uses.  I think because
of a stray attachment.

On Tuesday, there's a Mass ACLU event that may be of interest.

     Tuesday, January 14, 2014

   Temple B'nai Brith
   201 Central Street, Somerville
   7:30 PM

   Increasingly, our state and local police departments are collecting
   enormous amounts of data about us often without warrants or any
   judicial oversight. Kade Crockford, director of the Technology for
   Liberty initiative at the ACLU of Massachusetts will address whether
   democracy can survive in a surveillance society for Temple B'nai
   Brith's annual Martin Luther King/Abraham Joshua Heschel
   Commemorative Program.

   The snow date is Wednesday, January 22. Free, no RSVP needed.

(Details from https://www.aclum.org/events#staff)