[act-ma] Fw: MLK monday City of Boston event

Michael Borkson nosanctions at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 14:13:57 PST 2014

Hi activists,

>For those of you who couldn't attend our sat. Martin Luther King vigil today due to the weather
>>(we had the vigil in the snow anyway-it was rough);
>>the following MLK event is taking place this monday 1pm at Faneuil Hall, Boston.
>>peace, Michael Borkson
>>

>>  1pm Boston Youth Symphony Orchestras, the Museum of African American History, and
the Mayor's Office of Arts, Tourism, and Special Events invite you to
the 12th annual Day of Service and Celebration in honor of Rev. Dr.
Martin Luther King Jr. Please join Boston's
new mayor Martin J. Walsh, the Boston Youth Symphony Orchestras, the
Museum of African American History, and distinguished leaders who will
evoke the power and promise of the Civil Rights leader and commemorate
the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

>>Conductor
 Marta Zurad will lead young musicians from Boston Youth Symphony
Orchestras Intensive Community Program in a moving array of classical
music, spirituals, and freedom songs. The day's festivities culminate
with the traditional audience sing-a-long.