[act-ma] 2/10 Hate Crimes in the Heartland -film

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Feb 1 07:06:18 PST 2014

*UPCOMING EVENT*
*Hate Crimes in the Heartland*

Monday, February 10, 2014, 5:30 - 8:00 pm
Wasserstein Hall 2019, Milstein West B
1585 Massachusetts Ave.
Harvard Law School
Cambridge, MA

Please join us for a screening and discussion of /Hate Crimes in the
Heartland/ with Emmy award-winning documentary filmmaker *Rachel Lyon*
and *Professor Charles J. Ogletree, Jr**.*

The number of hate crimes in the United States has nearly doubled in the
past decade. /Hate Crimes in the Heartland/ is a compelling story of
hatred and hope, as told through the lens of one city, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Home to the most destructive race riot in American history, Tulsa
continues to present a vivid portrait of America's simmering racial
divisions today. /Hate Crimes in the Heartland/ opens with the Good
Friday murders of 2012 and extends back in time to the 1921 Tulsa Race
Riot and the utter devastation of America's "Black Wall Street."
/Heartland/ is a portrait filled with compelling characters, powerful
stories, remarkable archival imagery, and dramatic first-person
testimony. /Heartland/ reveals the open wounds of this near epidemic,
while revealing inspiring efforts toward hope and reconciliation.

Co-sponsored by the Hutchins Center for African & African American Research

Please *RSVP here
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001J2Hno6iwHLQWz9siZF1MK89OPvHwm4iv2OZZnzyHsi4ROgPIJZ8YNRmyYDOSht6W8xVWjPHAvlT-RX-zC_WLg9_A4x7uMcsLB4ZC9IbR-ip_brkzvKPc0XnS0YtBo3pNl9f1TasV2dRzGNE3ZNt6MRnLrD9I3e-5WHQMve_S8XFjhk7fe-DsijI7I88WAwaOADZGj6OXxW_oBUqyHsNBMzwi46Lw0wHh&c=h9oTG2PEwMtGLzNhP5UrKMNtgiGS8oVpxfb793uHAb-JWOE8pT20QQ==&ch=C75_wsjjPz2uYpGPhIMiK_QrnaEMiTaLA9I43rpSI7nPyZvorPWvWQ==>*on
our website.
http://www.charleshamiltonhouston.org/2014/02/hatecrimes/