[act-ma] 2/3 Manage Data With Less Stress (SoJust ProfDev)

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 05:35:23 PST 2014

ProfDev: Manage Data With Less Stress on Monday, 2/3
Register online at www.sojust.org by 5pm and pay only $10 for this
professional development training. The fee is $20 at the door (cash only).

Dating While Progressive (Singles Party) on Valentine's Day
RSVP to meet progressives of all stripes! www.sojust.org $5-$20 (sliding
scale) at the door.
This Socializing for Justice event is co-hosted by several progressive
organizations: Bisexual Resource Center, Boston Poly Queer Women's Group,
HollaBack Boston, New Leaders Council, The NonProfit Center, Progressive
Massachusetts - additional co-sponsors to be announced shortly.

ProfDev: Fundraising - Getting Past the Fear of Asking on Monday, 3/3
Want (or need) to raise money for causes or organizations you care about?
Don't miss this training!
Register: $10 online/ $20 door - www.sojust.org

Best,
Robbie
SoJust Co-Founder

Are you at a nonprofit that's overwhelmed by technology? Do you feel like
the unimaginable pile of tech you're working with isn't quite paying off
with less work? Is it frustrating that even with extensive data management
tools at your disposal, you're not able to efficiently manage or create
reports from your data?

Join Socializing for Justice for a ProfDev (professional development)
training on Data Lifecycle Management on Monday, February 3, 6:00 - 8:30 PM.

Fee: $10 advance/$20 door (cash only)
Limited space - register ahead of time: www.sojust.org
Credit cards accepted online. Cash only at the door (if space available).
Newcomers always welcomed!

Data Lifecycle Management
More and more nonprofits are moving towards more sophisticated data
gathering. But for all the rewards of this trend, they run a risk of
unintentionally increasing their workload by adding new tools and new
reporting demands that are out of alignment. This is especially true for
small and mid-sized nonprofits who lack a central IT and data management
staff to help them design and implement these tools. This training draws on
nearly two decades of experience helping real, busy people deal with large,
complex data systems. You'll learn some new ways of thinking about data
lifecycle that can have real impact on your daily workload and empower you
to get what you need out of technology consultants.

ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
Jenn Taylor is the Chief Operating Officer at
501Partners<http://www.501partners.com/>,
which provides Salesforce consulting, implementation, and training
exclusively for nonprofits. She has over 20 years of tech experience in the
public sector, higher education, start-ups and nonprofits. She has the
experience and passion to help organizations execute in a smart and
sustainable way. Jenn holds an MBA in Nonprofit Management from Brandeis
University.

SCHEDULE
6:00-6:30 Socializing -  bring your own dinner
6:30-8:30 Training and Q&A

* DIRECTIONS<http://www.nonprofitcenterboston.org/site/c.ddKGIQNuEmG/b.1363373/k.5381/About_Us__Directions.htm>-
The NonProfit Centeris located one block from South Station at 89
South Street. The Center is
physically accessible through the main lobby.

Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org

Since 2006, we've been building this great sandbox where we can bring
progressives of all stripes together and try out new ideas in this
"Movement Moment". Spaces like this are crucial as we start to reframe and
build new visions for our movement(s).

SoJust hosts events that draw progressives of all stripes that share common
values but may work on different issues. We host monthly socials that allow
for the possibility of cross-issue connections and run a monthly ProfDev
Series, hosted by The NonProfit Center*, which provides access to
affordable professional development to increase our individual capacity for
movement building.

With 2400 members and 7+ years of creating a diverse cross-issue community
in Boston (165+ events!), Socializing for Justice is the best place to find
the great people, organizations and community you're looking for while
putting the SOCIAL back in social justice.

YES, WE MEAN YOU. We've got members of all ages, races, genders, sexual
orientations, levels of activism and professions. We hope you see someone
like yourself and meet someone you otherwise wouldn't have.

Want to know more about SoJust? Check out our  Frequently Asked
Questions<http://www.meetup.com/sojust-tm/messages/boards/thread/3187615>
and
past event photos <http://www.sojust.org/photos>!