[act-ma] SpeakOUT Boston's Spring Speaker Training, April 2014

SpeakOut Boston speakoutboston at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 16:31:44 PST 2014

SpeakOUT trains speakers of all ages how to use our proven format of
telling stories and answering questions.

Our speaker trainings offer youth and adults an intensive two-day
preparation for conducting speaking engagements. SpeakOUT educates our own
volunteer speakers at this training and invites other organizations with
speakers bureaus to send its members to be trained. In the past, SpeakOUT
has trained members of Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
(PFLAG), the Boston Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender
Youth (BAGLY), Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition, and many
other area organizations.

Novice and veteran speakers will learn and practice valuable skills,
including:

* Setting the right tone

* Shaping and telling your story

* Handling questions effectively

* Dealing with difficult people

* Overcoming fear

* Working with your co-speaker

Join us on April 26th and 27th for our Spring 2014 Speaker's Traning at the
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA.

Saturday 8:30am-5:00pm and Sunday 9:30am-4:00pm

Advance Registration is REQUIRED!
Registration Fee: $75
Student Rate: $35
Group Rates & Need-Based Discounts are Available

Register by April 20th to guarantee your spot!
http://www.speakoutboston.org/speakertraining.html

--
SpeakOUT
PO Box 301223